Chapter Seventeen - Company

"Glad to see you're all in one piece." Kurogiri said as the four walked in. Dabi was careful to avoid the tripwire as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. He instantly went to lay on the couch.

Ochako eyed the wire suspiciously as she stepped over it. It was only 12:45pm, and she wasn't exactly sure how to spend her time, though it definitely wasn't by testing that trap.

"You're making me uncomfortable, standing there like that." Dabi said from the couch. His eyes were closed, and Ochako wondered how he noticed her. "Feels like you're gonna stab me or something."

"Sorry." Ochako said, and moved away. Twice had grabbed his stuff and run inside, not bothering to get the chicken from the cooler in the back. Apparently inspiration had struck him, and he sped off to his room to finish Ochako's suit. Toga was getting the chicken from the trunk, though it was taking her a while. Maybe she wanted to be left alone for a bit.

Kurogiri and Shigaraki sat at the bar, discussing something. When the pale man got up and went upstairs to do something, Kurogiri gestured for her to come over. Ochako was happy to talk to him over Shigaraki. The way the blue haired man did everything made her anxious.

"You look lost. What seems to be the problem?" He asked, tipping back a glass. It looked like water (or possibly vodka) but she wasn't sure.

"Nothing really." She sat down on one of the stools. "I've just been doing something or other since I got here yesterday, I'm just not sure what to do now."

"Well, we don't want you leaving the premise without someone for the next week or so, until we can judge you throughly. But you're free to wander around, do so as you please." The mist man gestured around, before returning his focus to Ochako. "You can look upstairs. Across from Toga's room is an old closet. If you clean it up, you can keep the room." He suggested.

"Okay." Ochako nodded. "Might be better then sleeping on the floor." She said sarcastically. In truth, her back had been incredibly stiff when she woke up.

Kurogiri chuckled. "Yes, that may be the case." He said, eyes falling on Shigaraki who came back down the stairs. Ochako took this as her cue to leave, and went upstairs. Twice looked out his door when he heard footsteps.

"Hey, Negate!" He gestured for her to come over. The room was substantially messier than yesterday, but on the mannequin was a finished suit. "Ta-da!" Twice handed her the visor. It looked exactly how she had sketched it out, and when she put it on, she was happy to find that it fit perfectly.

"This is awesome." Her voice was muffled in the helmet, but Twice could still hear her.

"You sound like a different person." He remarked. Ochako hit a button on the side, and the plastic slid up and into the top of the helmet, revealing her face.

"That's so cool." She chuckled. "Is it all done?"

"Nope, I still need to stitch the sides of the shoes, but it'll be done by tonight at the latest!" Twice was beaming behind his mask, incredibly happy that someone fully appreciated his work. He held out a closed fist.

Ochako fist bumped him, and smiled. "Thank you, again." She took off the helmet and handed it back to Twice.

"What are friends for? Now, out please! I want to finish this before dinner, so I can enjoy the fried chicken and pass out at the table without any worries about finishing the suit!"

Ochako laughed and left his room, closing the door behind her. She headed to the old closet and cautiously opened the door. When nothing fell out and crushed her, and no large spiders or rodents attacked, she opened it fully. It was dusty and cobwebbed for sure, but there was hardly enough in there to be considered a closet. A few (of presumably Twice's) mannequins, and a couple cardboard boxes were the room's only possessions.