Chapter Sixteen - Mall?

"Where are they going again?" Ochako asked Shigaraki, who sat watching the news with Kurogiri.

"Location of a supposed gang who want us gone." Shigaraki replied, itching the side of his neck. It almost bothered the hero how much he did that, but she shooed the thought away.

"That doesn't sound good." Ochako said, starting to pace the floor.

"You're overthinking. They'll be fine." Twice came down the stairs. "They always are." His tone suggested he rolled his eyes at the hero's worry.

"Sorry." She muttered. "Uhm, what are you doing?" She asked the masked man, who now stood beside her with a tape measure.

"Last minute adjustments for your suit, and hey!" He took a piece of paper out of his pocket, or at least, Ochako thought it was. It was hard to tell. "You can pick up some stuff for your suit today!" Twice smiled.

"Oh, yeah!" Ochako held her arms out as Twice measured across her shoulders.

"Okay." He ran back upstairs chanting a number, probably so he wouldn't forget it.

"Wait, he didn't give me the list." Ochako muttered. Kurogiri chuckled lightly before turning his attention back to the television.

A few minutes later, Twice came back down, still holding the paper. "Here's your list." He handed it to the hero.

"Hey, I am good to go get this stuff, right?" Ochako was asking Shigaraki and Kurogiri in particular, since they both seemed to be on almost the same level of leadership. Twice nodded anyways.

Shigaraki exchanged a glance with Kurogiri. "If Twice goes with you, that's fine." The pale man said.

"What?! What's the point of sending her to do it, so I don't have to, if I do have to anyways?!" Twice looked at the pair, furrowing his brow.

"Or she could wait for someone else to go. I suggested you because you're the only one here who can go right now." Shigaraki replied with a shrug, before turning back to the TV.

"Fine.. Kurogiri could you send us to the mall..?" Twice clasped his hands together and looked as if he were giving puppy-dog eyes. The mist-man didn't seem to care about Twice's pleading.

"Take the car, when Toga and Dabi are finished with their mission, you can pick them up." Kurogiri said, tossing Twice the keys off the table. The masked man quickly passed them to Ochako, like he was playing hot-potato.

"Yes! Shotgun!" He ran towards the window, skillfully vaulting out of it rather than using the door.

"Uhm, one, do I need a mask? Two, I don't know how to drive.." Ochako said to no one in particular. She flipped the keys in her hands nervously.

Kurogiri handed Ochako the kind of face mask you'd see in a hospital. "You don't have to wear one. Toga and Dabi don't, and Twice only does for his own sanity."

"Just don't get you and Twice killed, and don't wreck the car. That's about it." Shigaraki said, turning the TV off. "Everyone in the League is self-taught. We can't exactly wait in the DMV for a license. I'm sure Twice'll help you. Now, come on Kurogiri. We're already late enough."

The mist-man nodded, and waved his hand. A portal appeared, letting out a low hum as they stood around it. They both walked through without another word, then the portal shut.

"C'monnn Negateee.." Twice shouted from outside, probably waiting in the car. Ochako, scared to exit through the door that the others actively avoided, leapt through the window Twice had gone through.

The building was tucked between two larger ones on either side. Towering neon signs were visible above some buildings miles away. Parked on the street in front of the door was an old yellow car. The yellow tone had faded significantly, leaving it an almost white color. It had no license plates, and Ochako wondered how it went unnoticed in any situation.