You're not a Monster and Training

Izuku woke up the next morning, still without any emotions. Inko went to get Izuku and brought him to breakfast. While eating Izuku learned something new, not only was he photosynthesizing to get nutrients from sunlight, but he could still eat human food without a problem he could also drink from either his mouth or through his roots.

Izuku: Hey mom.

Inko: Yes sweety.

Izuku: I want to try something, can you plant me in the garden for a bit?

Inko was curious about what Izuku wanted to do, and so she did as instructed. After she was finished planting him, he started going underground and he popped up in a different location. This proved Izuku's theory, that he can move around by digging underground.

Inko informed the Bakugos about Izuku's current state and Katsuki decided to visit him

Inko informed the Bakugos about Izuku's current state and Katsuki decided to visit him. He arrived and saw Izuku looking down, without any visible emotion on his face.

Katsuki: Hey Izuku.

Izuku looked at Katsuki and then back to the ground.

Katsuki: Auntie told us about your... situation.

Izuku: Yeah, she's so nice, If only I could feel happy for her.

Katsuki then puts his hands in his pocket and puts something around Izuku's stem. He looked at it and saw that it was his locket. Izuku then looked at Katsuki and saw that he still had the locket Izuku gave him.

Izuku: You kept it.

Katsuki: I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. Izuku, I know things are different and I still want us to be heroes together. I'm not about to let my best friend give up on his dream of becoming a hero. Izuku, we promised each other that we would still be friends, no matter what.

Izuku felt something inside him that he had lost. It was warm and pleasant, it was gratefulness. And for the first time in his new life, he smiled.

Izuku: Thank you Kacchan.

Izuku asked Inko to put the locket around his pot since he knew that it wouldn't fit around his stem. The Next morning Izuku was bathing in the sunlight with Katsuki watching him when he heard 3 familiar voices and started to feel a new emotion, fear. It was the bullies.

Bully 1: Well looky here, the useless Deku really is just a worthless plant.

Katsuki walked up to the boys irritated.

Katsuki: What are you doing here?

Bully 2: We're just here to teach this Deku a lesson.

One of the bullies grabbed Izuku's stem and plucked one of his petals. Izuku screamed in pain and Katsuki punched the guy down.

Bully 3: Hey, you hit me!

Bully 2: Let's teach this loser a lesson.

They started beating up Katsuki and Izuku watched in horror at the sight, in that instance, he felt his next emotion, powerlessness.