"Everyone Needs Me"

It wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It meant that you were dependable, trustworthy, someone that would stay up all hours of the night and in the early hours of the morning to make sure loved ones were at peace. You knew no end to kindness, giving everything you had, even if it left you with less than nothing.

And you never minded it. Not even when your phone never went without a day without someone requested something from you, never without a moment someone asked you to do something, whether it was picking up a random item for the store, driving someone to the hospital, or your current assignment: throwing a going away party on your own.

"You must be joking," Tom says as you take another sip of your fifth cup of coffee. For three hours, you had sat on your laptop, planning a theme, color schemes, researching appropriate recipes, the works for this gathering. So during whatever free time you had, out went the priorities: lunch, sleep, and recreation.

"Tom, this is very important for (random name)," you say, clicking on the screen. He folds his arms.

"Just like it was driving (random name) six hours to (place)?"

"Well she needed me."

"(Y/N), how much sleep have you gotten?"

"Seven hours."

"Every night?" You pause before answering.

"No." Then in a hushed mumble, you answer more directly. "An hour a night."

It doesn't escape Tom's ears.

"And when did you last eat?"

"I don't have to answer that." With anger, he removes your hands before slamming the laptop shut, not giving you a reason for his actions like you had done to him.

"Hey, watch it!" you snap at him. But he doesn't care, picking you up and dragging you upstairs.

"Thomas William Hiddleston, put me down immediately!"

"Alright, then." He throws you onto the bed, pinning you down with his hands so you don't move.

"Tom, this is insane—"

"No. What's your attempting to do is madness."

"What, help?"

"No, split yourself too thin so that there's none of you left."

"But Tom—"

"No buts." You wait before continuing.

"They need me. Everyone needs you." He stares into your eyes, as if contemplating on letting you work. It did seem to make you happy. But this wasn't just about people's happinesses. It was about doing the right thing: staying healthy.

"(Y/N), I admire all the help you've done, and certainly other people do. But look at yourself, darling. You're sleep deprived, have barely eaten, and I'm sick of having a relationship with your answering machine."

It was true. That was the reason why he was over. He had come to check on you after you had missed his phone calls as you ran around town. And even when he offered to help, you insisted on doing it. You wanted to make sure everything was perfect.

"I just want people to be happy."

"I know you do, sweetheart. But what makes us happiest is when the person who gives us her all is the best she can be too." He places a kiss on your forehead. "You've been there for us, there's no doubt about that. But this isn't healthy, this isn't how you would anyone to feel. And I'm not saying don't show love, because that's crazy, but I'm showing love to you by putting my foot down. It's time to delegate the work, okay? And maybe you can oversight things for the party, but you have to learn to say 'no' for things. You'll burn out, and you're already close enough to that point."

You look deep into his eyes, knowing that he wouldn't let you go on another moment in your condition. With a nod, you agree.

"Alright." With a smile, he pecks your lips.

"Good. Now get some rest. I'll be downstairs."