Ch. 17

A week had passed since she had joined the waverider

Ayana found herself sitting in the cargo bay she had almost froze to death in a week prior.

She was sat in the same spot, leaned up against the wall, arm thrown over her eyes.

She felt at peace.

"Did you know there are 52 versions of Earth?" If she had moved her arm, she would have seen Leonard raise his eyebrow.

"Do I want to know how you knew I was in here?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I'm an assassin," She reminded, sitting up from her relaxed position, "my sense are hyper focused."

"Fair enough," He conceeded, "So, 52 earths?"

"Yep."

"And how would you know?"

"My brother used me as a distraction on Earth-2 so he could get some files." The criminal frowned.

"And who exactly were you distracting." The assassin smirked at the disapproval in his voice.

Leonard stood there looking at her, waiting for an answer. When she didn't give one, he pushed, "Allen, who were you distracting?"

"Originally? Your sister."

The expression on his face immediately changed, his arms fell to his sides.

"My sister?" He questioned, his curiosity piqued.

"Yes, apparently our counterparts are quite good friends." She chuckled softly.

"You said originally, who did you end up distracting?"

Her eyes fell on Leonard, his face twisted into a frown as she spoke, "It turns out that my counterpart is in a relationship with the Mayor of Central City."

"It sounds like your counterpart lucked out." Although his words carried a condescending tone, there was a hint of spite in his voice. Ayana sat up, propping herself against her hands.

"Her mother is alive, her father isn't in jail, and her brother finally found love," Ayana's remark about Barry prompted an eye roll. "Maybe I wouldn't be so messed up if I had her life."

"You're being overly dramatic," he deadpanned. Ayana rolled her eyes, standing up and making her way towards the cargo bay door.

"I must say," Ayana commented as she approached the door, "her partner knows how to kiss." This grabbed his attention.

"Excuse me?" He couldn't help but notice the smirk on her face.

"I don't typically find it necessary to repeat myself," she said sly, unable to resist the temptation to provoke him.

She stood, making her way towards the bulkhead doors, she stopped before stepping through, going to make another comment, but was pushed agaisnt the wall beside the door. He pressed himself into her body, trapping her against the wall.

The silence was broken only by the pounding of her heart. The feeling was overwhelming, the chemistry sparking between them. They stared into each others eyes, his hot breath ghosting across her lips.

"I don't make a habit of sharing." His blue eyes held a darkness she had never seen, not even in the darkest of brown eyes. His grip on her tightened as she tilted her head to one side, inviting him closer.

She opened her mouth to speak. "Save it." He whispered, brushing his lips against hers.

She closed her eyes, savoring the contact. She wasn't sure how much longer she could fight this urge to be with him.

His hand wrapped around her neck, fingers digging into her skin. As he deepened the kiss. His other hand travelled to her hip. Grasping it tightly. She let out a small gasp when his hand gripped her flesh.

For a moment everything was perfect, the kiss broke, her chest heaving. He merely smirked, holding her gaze with his own. He released her, turning to walk away.

Ayana watched him go. Biting her lip, closing her eyes, not wanting to watch him leave. In her mind, she replayed the kiss, remembering every detail.