Ch. 20

"Hey Snart," Sara called out to the criminal, he stood in the bridge scanning the control panel, she approached slowly, noticing the dark bags under his eyes.

"What do you want?"

"Don't give up on her."

Snart froze, his body tensing.

"In your heart, Snart, you know she's worth the fight," She took a step closer to him, leaning against the control panel.

His jaw clenched tightly, he couldn't deny what she was saying.

Snart's eyes flickered with a mixture of disbelief and longing. Sara's words reverberated through his mind, echoing the internal battle he had been fighting. He had been so consumed by his own fears and doubts that he had almost forgotten the strength of his feelings for Ayana.

The weight of Sara's words settled upon him, and he couldn't help but think about the moments he had shared with Ayana—the stolen glances, the rare smiles, the way their paths seemed to align in the most unexpected of ways.

Sara's eyes softened, a knowing smile playing at her lips. "Love is never easy, Leonard. It's messy, it's complicated, but it's also worth fighting for."

He closed his eyes, breathing deeply, he knew what she meant.

"She's infuriating, irritating, obnoxious, manipulative—"

"But she's also the only person who has been able to put up with you for longer than 5 minutes."

He sighed, she wasn't wrong.

He opened his eyes, his focus centered on her. "I don't wanna give her up."

Sara nodded, her expression filled with encouragement. "Then don't. Fight for her, Leonard. Fight for the connection you have, for the possibility of something real, something worth holding onto."

Snart's resolve hardened, his mind made up. He straightened his posture, his eyes filled with determination. "I've faced dangerous situations, taken risks, and cheated death countless times. But this," he paused, his voice filled with vulnerability, "this feels scarier than anything I've ever encountered."

Sara placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Love has a way of making us feel vulnerable, but it's in that vulnerability that we find our strength. Don't let fear hold you back from something that could bring you happiness."

He still looked hesitant, "Remember, Leonard, sometimes the risk is worth the reward."

Sara gave him a reassuring smile, and turned around walking toward the exit. As she exited the bridge, Snart watched her leave. He remained frozen, lost in thought.

Thoughts of her.

Thoughts of Ayana flooded Snart's mind, each memory and interaction etched vividly in his thoughts. He couldn't deny the impact she had on him, how she challenged him and brought out emotions he had long buried. She had a way of getting under his skin, and despite his initial resistance, he found himself drawn to her.

He remembered the first time they met, their initial clash of personalities that eventually evolved into a begrudging respect. He recalled the moments of shared laughter, stolen glances, and the genuine connection they had formed amidst the chaos of their lives. Ayana had seen past his walls, and for the first time, he allowed himself to be seen.

Snart's heart swelled with a mix of longing and apprehension. He had built walls around himself for so long, seeking solace in the coldness of his criminal life. But Ayana had managed to break through those barriers, and in doing so, she had awakened something within him that he had thought long gone.

The thought of losing her, of letting go of the possibility of something real and meaningful, was too painful to bear.

Snart took a deep breath, steeling himself for what lay ahead. He made his way out of the bridge, determined to find Ayana and lay his feelings bare. The fear and uncertainty still lingered, but he was no longer willing to let them control his actions. Love was a risk he was willing to take, even if it meant exposing himself to pain and vulnerability.

As he walked through the corridors of the ship, his mind was filled with thoughts of Ayana, and his heart beat with a newfound courage. He was ready to face whatever challenges awaited them, ready to fight for the woman who had managed to touch his soul in ways he never thought possible.

Snart knew it wouldn't be easy, but he was willing to give it everything he had. Because when it came to matters of the heart, sometimes the greatest risks brought the greatest rewards. And he was determined to discover if the reward of love was worth all the uncertainty and fear.