Hopeless Romantics pt. 5 [NEW]

Start from the beginning

"More or less," Aphrodite shrugged. "Now, answer my question."

"...Lycans attacked [Y/N] on her way back from the village. Hunter's doing her best, but she sent me to get you and Apollo."

"...How-How's Dani-?" Aphrodite cleared her throat and tried to get rid of the fear in her eyes. 'Even if you hide it from your physical form, your soul still shows your fear and concern.'

"Dani's," I sighed and shook my head. "She needs you. I'm pretty sure you both forgot that she's human — mortal."

"Don't continue that thought," Aphrodite hissed, making me sigh again. "And stop reading my soul. You know it'll blind you if you look too long."

"It only happens with you gods for strong emotions. Such as your mortal lover being on the brink of death."

"...Just go get Apollo!"

I bowed and left the goddess, jogging to Apollo's castle. 'If they weren't Karl's lycans, Hunter needs to check the seals around the village. I can't let her go alone, though, and Costin won't be happy if both of his parents are checking the seals. Not after this.' When I reached the castle, Apollo stepped out with his medicine bag, smiling solemnly before wrapping his arm around my shoulder. In a flash, we were in the castle, Apollo stepping away from me to enter the room Hunter was working on [Y/N] in. I turned my head to Aphrodite and Daniela, my heart breaking when I heard the muffled sobs from the vampire.

'Aphrodite's trying to keep it together too,' I frowned, watching the goddess hold Daniela and rub her back. 'She's lost mortal lovers before, sure, but there was something different about her feelings for [Y/N] and Dani.' I clenched my jaw and grabbed my jacket, slinking out of the room to go to Hunter's lab. With a deep breath, I drew Thanatos's symbol on the floor — doing the same for his twin sisters — and sat down, using one of my claws to draw blood. Once I swiped my blood over each symbol, they began to glow, summoning the three death gods.

"...I know the rules, but I'm begging you three to tell me anyway. I have to know what happened; Show me the attack."

The siblings shared a look before sighing, Thanatos stepping forward and placing his thumb in the center of my forehead, spinning his hand around to cup the top of my head. "Fair Warning; It's not a pretty scene."

First Person POV

30 Minutes Ago

"Thank you, Adina," I sighed in relief when she carried over the peppers Isa asked for. "You know Isa. They must have the ingredients they ask for, or their entire meal plan for the week is screwed up."

Adina giggled and placed a rose in the last bag. "It's because they don't want the girls to get bored of meals. The rose is on the house, by the way."

"...Am I supposed to give this to Lady Dimitrescu?"

The girl's face turned beet-red as she fumbled over her lie. "N-no! Y-you're su-supposed to gi-give it to Da-Dani! Wh-why would?! Why wo-would you-?!"

I laughed and handed her the money before picking up the last bag. "Yeah, sure, whatever you say. You know, Hunter's birthday party is soon. Dani's 'plus one' is our other partner; mine could be you if you-?"

"...I-I'd like that," Adina whispered with a shy smile.

'She has the biggest crush on Lady Dimitrescu. What a shame she doesn't know it. Maybe Hunter's birthday party will be the day she realizes it.'