17. Mission gone wrong

Start from the beginning

Everyone settled down and we started talking together the elders and youngsters having their own conversations when the maids came.

I stopped when I noticed it wasn't the same maid that served my kids. I then looked at their food then at Adan's chair.

As the maids started to leave the one who served my kids being the last gave a last glance at my son and daughter and I caught a slight smirk on the corner of her lips.

As she was about to leave I stopped her. "Wait." I said calmly. She froze in her place.

Everyone turned to me confused but I only stared at the maid. She turned around with a fake smile.

"Yes miss Russo." She said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at her.

"Come here." I ordered with a cold voice making her gulp but then she complied walking slowly and cautiously to me.

She stopped right beside me and I saw hatred and annoyance flash through her eyes, but quickly disappeared as soon as it came.

Everyone were warily staring at me except my twins that knew something was off too.

I grabbed Dee and gave him the Ari who was beside me. Then I grabbed the maid by her neck in a swift move pushing her down to eye level.

"Do you thinks poisoning my kids would do you any good?" I ask whispering to her in a deadly calm voice but inside I was anything but calm.

Everyone looked confused and shocked at what I was doing. The bitch then started to laugh maniacally.

"Well someone told me poisons don't work on you." She said with a thick accent glaring back at me.

I tightened my grip on her and kicked Dre's chair to the corner off the room that was far away from the table.

Within seconds it blew up and all that was left was small pieces of the wood.

Everyone at the table quickly stood up their hand on their waistbands looking raging.

I sat there staring at the bitch that thought she could poison my kids on my watch.

"Who do you work for." I demanded with a dark cold voice, the anger seeping through.

But the woman just had a menacing smile on her face.

"Vous pensiez que c'était fini, n'est-ce pas?" She said chuckling darkly.

(You thought it was over, didn't you?)

I completely froze as soon as I processed what she said. She spoke French. It can't be. It's impossible, I killed him. I shot him and burned him in his warehouse watching with my own eyes.

From the corner of my eye I saw Marco become really tense. He's thinking what I'm thinking.

I don't think the others understand French thankfully my twins don't neither.

I broke out of my shock and my face turned to anger.

Ari and Nonno closed my babies eyes. Even though they've seen dead bodies didn't mean they always have to see people use violence.

I gripped her neck into a really tight grip stopping from her laughter making all the air to cut out.

I then grabbed a spoonful of food from Dee's plate and forcefully fed her while she squirmed in my grip trying to stop me, but nothing worked.

I made sure she ate all of their food before pushing her to the floor while she started coughing violently.

She then started coughing out blood and vomiting it and eventually within a minute she died.