the sept of baelor

"how long is forever? sometimes just one second"

"I heard that she dared to hit our prince, your grace.", Cersei smiled at him from her cups. "Will she not get punished?"

She was meaning the woman in the golden dress, dancing -although not seeming avid at all, with the Dornish prince. She heard that she was his betrothed -though people were also calling her a whore, had an affair with the second son of Lord Velaryon and now was going to marry his nephew, Cersei did appreciate both the name-calling and the way she climb her way to the top but who could dare to hit the prince? There were also rumours of her being her prince's mistress but Cersei did not believe them, her prince would not lower himself to lay with whores after all.

"I didn't see a reason for a punishment.", he remarked dryly, having to interrupt his conversation with Lucerys to hear that.

"But who could dare to hit a royal prince?", she asked with confusion. "People died for less than that. She should get punished accordingly. If we let the servants dare they can abuse us like this, and they will get worse."

Aerys turned to her with a clear warning and surprise. "Even I do not get that arrogant, Cersei. Who do you think you are?"

Dumbfounded, she blinked. "I am the queen."

"You are the queen consort.", he corrected her, they didn't manage to get past the pregnancy incident. He visited her bed and they had dinner and breakfast here and there but they were not good. "You are merely my wife, not a part of the royal family. Do not ever think otherwise."

"But your majesty-"

"Rhaegar is old enough to make his own decisions.", he interrupted her snappishly. "If he didn't see it fit to punish her, then I do not also."

Understanding there was no reason to further the conversation, she turned to watch the scene once more. She was stuck in the queen's chair with no one to dance to because nobody dared to do so -and her brother for some reason seemed like he was walking on the clouds. The grand feast was thrown to celebrate Ser Arthur's great victory and Princess Elia's return -which was bullshit to Cersei. Since when the royal family threw feasts for Dornish? What did they achieve? Getting kidnapped and then being able to return from it, from the hands of cruel bandits, only meant she laid with them for survival -she was shocked how no one else managed to see that but given that Rhaegar did not interact with his wife, not even once, she realized he probably knew what kind of a whore his wife is.

Her prince was intelligent after all.

The Dornish princess was wearing a red dress as if it would make her a Targaryen; she was just a vessel to have her prince's sons and she failed to do even that. She guessed in a moon or so, they would announce her pregnancy -probably the bastard of one of the outlaws she definitely laid with, and they would try to pass it off as trueborn. Even the idea of it thundered the blood in her veins, of course, she was not going to let that. When she dealt with everyone between her and Rhaegar and finally marries him, she is going to bore him, silver-haired sons.

Cersei sent another judging look to the woman on the other side of the dais. Even on an occasion that threw in her name, she managed to show her ignorance by making such an ugly and lewd fashion choice. The top of the dress seemed almost transparent with only red embodiments covering the nude underdress. And then she was wearing an ugly and unnecessarily big leather belt -the same colour as the dress and the skirt of it was the most disgusting part of the dress. Looked too cheap and made her look like a fat cow. Despite the dress being turtleneck, she was not educated enough to know to tie her hair. Instead, that unwashed and uncared ugly hair was falling to her waist just like that and she had a sour mode and a hand on her belly the entire night.