|Deside|

(Lovely art from Pinterest. Credit to original artist!)

[Y/N POV]

The time has come, today are the exams.

I'm currently was pacing around my room, having second thoughts about the whole situation. The sun illuminated my room, as I continued to debate on what to do next.

I haven't been able to message anyone due to my father still having my phone in his possession. He said it was to 'not distract' me during the tests.

My desktop remained open on my desk. My school bag lied on my chair while the new music discs were next to my older albums.

Continuing to figure out the pros and cons of my life choices, a notification sound came from my desktop. Immediately, I ran to my desktop, nearly tripping in the process.

'A message from nightcord...it's from Mizuki'

Now this changes things

Now this changes things. If I don't go to the exams, I would disappointed my father and dishonor our deal, but if I do go, I'll disappoint everyone I'm close with!

'Just when I finally managed to make friends!'

Before I could reply, a knock came from my bedroom door. Fixing my button up shirt, I made sure my dress pants had no wrinkles and proceeded to open the door.

My mother, who was dressed in a black satin dress with a short white mesh coat. "Are you ready to go (Y/N)?"

Noticing the look, I decided to question her about it. "Mom, have any plans this evening?" A bright smile appeared on her face as she pulled me into a hug.

"I'm meeting up with some old friends! So I'm making sure to look my best on this day off!" Her heartfelt smile didn't leave her face.

Nodding, I picked up my school bag and followed my mother downstairs to the front door.

My father seemed to be nowhere in sight; which can't be good.

Fixing my hair a bit, my mother made a bow out of a white ribbon. She placed it in the side of my head whilst also tying a black tie around my neck. "There~! Now you're ready! I'll drop you off and then go do my things!"

Outside, my mother allowed me to sit in the front seat instead of the usual backseat. It was a rule implemented by my father, for me to sit in the backseat meant I'd look more sophisticated.

As my mother drove me near the center of Tokyo, I couldn't help be feel more nervous every passing second. I felt my mother's hand over mine. "Don't worry (Y/N), everything will go smoothly. No need to feel so shaky!"