"And you think she didn't know?" I asked, annoyed. I knew Xana had to say yes for a certain reason.

Surprised, angry, even a little guilty, he looked adorable. He felt bad for nearly missing a party he hadn't even known about.

I couldn't help but wrap an arm around his waist and pull him close. His eyes were skeptical but expectant.

"Come on, Bieber, come to my birthday party," I said, pushing a little his short brown hair behind his ear and kissing him there. I smiled as I saw his goosebumps. At least I could be sure he liked me and I still had some influence over him or over his body, to be more precise.

"You want me to come?" he asked as my lips went down on his neck.

Did I want him to come? Obviously I wouldn't be able to touch him at that party; no one could know what was happening between us, and we couldn't kiss. It was going to be complicated.

"Of course I want you to come. I also want to feel you as I go in and out of you. You moaning uncontrollably as you beg me to fuck you more..." I didn't know what I was getting into, but it was better to have him there than not know what he was up to.

He turned and kissed me on the lips, too quickly for me to enjoy it.

"I'll be there when dinner's over, Preppy," he said.

"What?" I shouted, much louder than necessary, holding him so he couldn't walk out.

"Cole, I'm not going to leave her hanging.
I'll be a little late, that's all. Anyway, I feel like hanging out with her. She's cool."

This boy was going to kill me.

"Do what you want," I said, picking my keys up off the desk and walking past him to the steps.

If he wouldn't put me before a slut like Xana, I wasn't going to let him waste my time. I was going to have fun that night, and I'd finally get him out of my head.

But not even I believed that.

—————————

The party was at the home of Mike, one of my friends from the neighborhood. He was a good guy; I knew him from college, and he almost always let us use his lake house when we needed to go big. Katie had taken care of the decor, including black and red helium balloons and all sorts of other shit. The important stuff was in Logan and the guys' hands: alcohol, food, and more alcohol. When I walked through the door, people shouted Happy birthday in unison. I greeted everyone, and five minutes later, they were all dancing, acting silly, taking off for the lake, and drinking anything they could get their hands on.

The good thing about these parties was there were always plenty of people for me. I grabbed a drink and sidled up to the two dancers they'd hired for me. A part of me kept thinking about when Justin would get there, but another part said it was time to cut loose.

One of the dancers — I forgot her name — wouldn't keep her hands off me. The other, a pretty young redhead, vanished as soon as she was done with her number. Nobody with a Y chromosome would have been indifferent to the chick who kept trying to drag me off to the bathroom. But one of my unbreakable rules was no sleeping with strippers or prostitutes or anyone similar, so I ditched her as politely as I could and walked to the back of the house. From there, I could see Toluca Lake and the reflection of the full moon in the water. My friends were all fooling around, splashing each other and dragging girls down to the shoreline.

Just then, Logan came over, leaned on the wooden railing, and looked at me. I remembered the first time I'd ever seen him. He had been way bigger and scarier, but at least I had been tall enough to look him in the eye before he'd split my face open. I hadn't even known what he was pissed off about — I think I'd hooked up with his girl or something at this party I'd been taken to — but the funny thing was, thanks to my reflexes, I had been able to get away, and he'd wound up hitting the wall behind me.