"The she-wolf you brought here last night? Where did she go?" Daniel asked him as he looked around the room.

'She ain't hiding,' Rafe rolled his eyes again.

"She left early this morning with the human girl," Chris said, wondering why Daniel cared.

"Why?" Daniel growled with annoyance.

Chris sighed. "She decided she didn't want to sleep with me."

'She-wolf left because this Beta can't seal the deal?' Rafe asked in disgust.

'Looks that way' Daniel lifted his brows at the beta and crossed his arms.

"Things were getting awkward, so she left." the Beta muttered, rubbing his face. This was embarrassing.

"What do you know about her?" Daniel asked him, watching him carefully.

"Her name is Talia, and she's a member of my pack. Other than that, nothing," Chris shrugged. "I've never met her before."

"And the woman with her?" My mate?

'OUR mate,' Rafe corrected.

Chris shrugged. "Talia didn't mention her at all."

"I need to find her," Daniel told him, glaring at him.

Chris frowned. He almost asked why, but thought better of it. The last thing he needed was to make Daniel Remington angry. "Okay. I'll call Alpha Quinton and have him meet us at his office. He has a database with every member of the pack's info in it. We'll get Talia's number, call her and find out where the human is."

"Jenna. Her name is Jenna," Daniel growled at Chris, some of his powerful aura seeping out.

Chris swallowed hard, fighting the urge to submit even more to the wolf staring at him. "Jenna," he whispered, then cleared his throat. "We'll find her, Alpha."

Daniel turned and marched out of the room. Chris breathed out as the Alpha left, feeling a little lighter once the powerful aura was gone, and grabbed his phone, dialing his Alpha. "Quinton, we have a situation."

***

Daniel slammed the door of his room and leaned back against it. He, the man of infinite patience, was rapidly losing it. The need to find his mate and protect her was really agitating both him and Rafe. He headed towards the bathroom, striping his clothes off along the way. Hopefully, a shower would help clear his head. He didn't have a hangover, compliments of being a werewolf, but when he drank a lot, he tended to sleep very hard, and his head felt foggy the next morning. It was why Jenna had been able to easily slip out of his room, and why his own wolf wasn't able to wake him. Rafe grumbled with annoyance.

Daniel climbed into the shower. The hot spray battered his body and he closed his eyes, allowing the memories from the previous night to wash over him.

Jenna's sweet disposition, her beautiful body, her sweet mouth, her soft moans, the way she had tasted. You're mine, Jenna.

A sudden rush of excitement and happiness suddenly blindsided Daniel, pulling him out of his thoughts. 'Rafe, what is going on? Where did that come from?'

'Mate is very happy,' Rafe gave him a happy grin, wagging his tail, pleased his mate was excited.

Wait.. had he marked her? Daniel scrubbed at his face, trying to remember. I'm going to mark you. The ecstasy they had both felt when he'd sunk his canines into her neck. He had marked her! And since she was human, that had completed the mating process.

Daniel groaned. What had he been thinking, marking a human? There had been no discussion, and she'd been so aroused and, well he didn't think she'd been drunk. He hadn't wanted her to be drunk. But what had she thought about THAT?

'She is mate,' Rafe stated as though it was the most obvious thing in the world. The wolf was starting to grow more irritated with him. 'Why would we not mark her? She belongs to us'

She was their mate, yes, but still. He hadn't told her he was a werewolf. What if she didn't want to be with a werewolf? What if she couldn't accept him? He leaned against the shower wall and closed his eyes. If Jenna rejected him..

'..we're still bound to her til one of us dies. No matter what,' Rafe sat down dejectedly as the full force of what they had done washed over the both of them. 'But Mate adores us.'

'I felt that too, but at the same time, some things you can't overcome, and a man who not only turns into a wolf but is also king and all that entails could top that list.'

Rafe's tail dropped and the wolf huffed, laying down dejectedly. 'Find her, Daniel.'

'I plan to, Rafe,' Daniel replied and hurried through his shower. He dressed quickly, then went to go find Chris.