First Steps

Freminet blankly stared at the hat and the penguin in front of his face. He was barely 2, around 21 months. He looked up to see the faces of Lyney and Lynette, both looking at the small baby in anticipation. He regained his focus to the toys in front of him, it was either the penguin or big brother's hat.

Freminet's focus was then returned to his siblings when his brother finally broke the silence, "come here Fremi, and I'll give you all the penguins you would ever want!", he spoke with a huge smile. Like he always did. Lynette quickly looked at him with annoyance before holding her arms out, "come to your favourite sibling Freminet", she teased with a slight smirk.

Freminet pulled a little baby pouting face before trying to cross his arms. Lyney giggled before tapping on his hat, "come here Fremi, the hat is calling you", Freminet's little baby-blue eyes sparkled at the fact that big brother's hat was calling for him. Lynette scoffed before she picked up the penguin, "no Freminet, don't you want mr. Penguin?" she asked, in her usual monotone voice.

Freminet now sat cross legged on the smooth wooden floor, just staring at the toys, trying desperately to make a decision. His eyes furrowed and his little blonde eyebrows creased, a tiny frown appeared on his face. This decision was near impossible to make.

Freminet pondered for a minute before making his move. He crawled over to both items and pushed them both to the side with an adorable concentration face plastered on. Both Lyney and Lynette was surprised at the fact and scooted back a little, trying to give Freminet space. It didn't work.

Freminet stared at the twins before letting out a joyful smile and grabbing on to the nearby table to gain balance. He slowly moved his legs forward and backward, trying to gain balance, sure enough, he managed to toddle over to his older siblings.

He managed to almost make it before falling into Lynette's arms. Lyney was cheering, Lynette was smiling and stroking his beautiful blonde hair gently with her right hand. Lyney jumped on Lynette, almost knocking her to the side and just held them both, Lynette shot her twin an irritated look before sending a message that she was still holding Freminet in her arms.

Lyney let out an apologetic smile and stared at Freminet. He was giggling his heart out whilst clutching Lynette's ribbon in his tiny fists, letting his big smile take over his face. The laughter from the baby made Lyney's heart grow warmer, the sound of his laughter made him want to smile too, he was such a joyful baby.

The moment was soon disrupted by a small clap from behind them. All three of them stopped smiling and laughing and quickly turned around to meet the face of father, however, she was just standing there with a small kamera in her hand with a ghost of a smile on her face.

She walked over to the three children and kneeled down on the floor next to them. Lyney and Lynette were frozen in fear, whilst Freminet just smiled at he presence of his father, he reached his little arms up, hoping that father can hold his hand. She did. She held his index finger with her hand and stroked the back of his hand gently with her thumb.

Father, Lyney, and Lynette silently watched as Freminet snuggles into Lynette's chest, his first slowly retracting from her top and falls to his side. His eyes fighting to stay open before eventually closing and slowly moving his thumb to his mouth before his body becomes limp. Lynette slowly starts to rock Freminet, with Lyney stroking his hair and father still rubbing his hand with her thumb.

Arlecchino moves her hands from Freminet's hand to his body and removes him from Lynette's grasp carefully. Freminet's head rested against father's chest, his thumb still in his mouth and still sound asleep. She beckons the twins to stand, which they simultaneously do. Father looked down at sleeping Freminet and back at the twins, before turning her back...

"I'll make him just like you both, be prepared to work with him"