A New Friend

The sound of the waves crashing against the soft sand of the beach soothed Freminet. He could hear the distant screams and shouts of his classmates from where the fountain was, unfortunately for them, they didn't seem to notice how he snuck off.

He's never been one for crowds and noise, he's always been a lone wolf in school. He opened his eyes to look out, over the waters of Fontaine, the water glittered underneath the warmth of the sunlight. The beach was his safe haven, somewhere he could go to unwind after a long day.

"E-excuse me, a-am I disturbing y-you?", someone asked as he heard the sound of sand rustling, like someone was sitting down. He turned his head slowly to meet the eyes of another boy...around his age. He was clearly a tourist: wavy sunny blonde hair decorated his head, wearing a ruffled shirt with little feathers for buttons with a small ribbon around his neck and a black pair of jean shorts. But the most eye-catching thing was his eyes...a pair of big blue eyes stared at him, they looked like the sea...no...the sky. No. Both of them.

The stranger fiddled with his hands a little before pulling out a scrap piece of paper from his pocket and a small pencil. Freminet continued to stare at him, confused, nobody ever came here during the week. "I... I'm j-just he-here to g-get an i-i-idea of F-fontain's terrain", the stranger said, stuttering in almost every word. Freminet nodded and turned his head back to the waters, this boy... there's something about him.

Usually Freminet hated strangers around him, he even disliked his classmates even talking to him. However, this boy... there's something about him, something he can't describe. Freminet couldn't stop staring at him, the way his sunny-blonde hair flows gently in the wind, how his eyelashes flutter with every blink. It sparked something... something he couldn't describe.

Suddenly, the stranger stopped drawing and met Freminet's eyes. "I-is th-there something w-wrong?", he asked, voice covered in concern and worry "I c-can move, i-if yo-you want". Freminet shakes his head, "don't", he says sternly, he takes a breath before continuing, "what's your name?". He was genuinely interested in this boy, which shocked him just as much as the question shocked the stranger.

The stranger let out a small smile, "I... I'm M-Mika, I-I-m from M-Mondstadt". Freminet couldn't stop staring, his smile...it was so bright, he felt like he could stare at it forever. Freminet leaned his head on his hand, cupping his own cheek, taking a breath before speaking..."Freminet, n-nice to meet y-you...Mika". Mika smiled at him, "y-you have a-a p-pretty smile" he said, voice filled with happiness, like they were both old friends, finally meeting after a long time apart.

Time seemed to fly by, the small conversations they shared was beautiful. They both seemed to share many of the same interests. They were both the weird kids in their respective schools, not to mention loners too. Mika showed Freminet some of his pictures, Freminet was more and more impressed with his talent. Soon enough, it was time for Mika to leave, the sky was painted gold and red, signalling that the sun is setting.

Freminet turned to an already standing Mika, "do you have to leave?" he asked, disappointed that they couldn't talk more together. Mika nodded sadly before smiling "don't worry, we can meet here tomorrow!" he exclaimed, grinning with excitement. Freminet smiled, heat taking over his cheeks, causing redness to appear on his cheeks.

Mika waved quickly to his new friend before running off, into the darkness of the streets. Freminet returned his waves before looking at the ocean, his face decorated with a huge smile. Suddenly, there was multiple footsteps on the sand, running quickly to where he was.

"Fremi! It's getting late, why aren't you home yet?", the recognisable voice belonging to his brother shouted before slowing down and sitting next to him. Freminet turned around to meet his brother's face, "wow...LYNETTE COME HERE!" Lyney shouted to his twin sister, who was on the nearby pathway. As quickly as he shouted, Lynette was already standing behind her brother, "what do you want now Lyney?" she asked, with a slight tone of annoyance.

"Look at him... HE'S SMILING" Lyney exclaimed with excitement, whilst pointing a finger towards Freminet's smile. Lynette was taken aback, Freminet doesn't smile much, especially during school days. Freminet covered his face, all that was on his mind was his meeting with Mika tomorrow. Each time he thought about him...he felt something. Clearly, he couldn't keep this from his siblings...quickly Lyney picked up what he was thinking.

Lyney nudged Freminet's arm with his elbow, "something you're not telling us?" he teased, chuckling a little. Freminet shook his head, now heat burning his cheeks, making them extremely red and noticeable. Lynette bent down to meet her little brother's face and put her hand to his forehead "you're not burning up..." she muttered, before realisation hit for her too.

Lyney jumped up, "who's the lucky person~~?" he asked with excitement. Lyney cupped Freminet's face, forcing him to look at his older brother "Is it that kid you were speaking with?" he asked, again, with excitement. Lynette smiled a little "looks like Freminet has his first crush" she muttered, still with a smile on her face. Quickly, Lyney dragged Freminet to his feet wiped him down from most of the sand that had stuck on his clothes, Lynette just covered the growing smile on her face with her free hand, the other holding Freminet's free hand.

All of this received a "hmph" from Freminet, he was clearly embarrassed. However, how did they know? They weren't around when both him and Mika were talking...were they? Seemingly, Lynette read his mind, because she quickly spoke "we're your older siblings Freminet, we're supposed to keep an eye out for you", hand still hiding her growing smile. Lyney chimed in after a short moment of silence "exactly, plus you're oblivious as hell, we were right behind you whilst you were having your little conversation", he laughed again.

Suddenly, Lyney lifted him up into his arms and nodded to Lynette with one of his cheeky smiles on his face, "introduce us to him someday, we'd love to meet your new friend~" he said in a teasing tone, still laughing. Freminet buried his embarrassed face into his older brother's shoulder, and that night...he gave his siblings the silent treatment.