The Fontainian Language

Freminet skipped down the streets of Fontaine with a wide smile on his face. He was excited to show his big brother and sister what he just learned.

Soon enough, he turned a corner and spotted just the two people who he was looking for. They were packing away their magic equipment with ease, both twins looked tired, but when Freminet approached, their tiredness seemed to wash away like waves in the vast ocean.

Freminet picked up a small card, with a little Pers design on the front. He tugs a little on Lynette's skirt whilst gripping the card in one hand, she swiftly turns around to look at him, in response he presses the card into her palm.

Lynette ruffles his hair a little before turning back to a massive bag and placing the card in a box, probably with all the other cards. Freminet watched her with sparkling eyes, he couldn't wait to tell her what he's learned.

Lynette turns around again, after giving Lyney the massive bag, which he took without hesitation. She bends down to Freminet's level, "what's going on Freminet? You seem excited" she asked, her right ear twitching a little. Freminet couldn't fight the smile that was trying to reveal itself on his face.

He grips Lynette's hand with excitement, which surprises both Lyney and Lynette a little. Lyney lets out a gentle smile, "come on then, tell us what happened" he said, becoming rather happily impatient.

Freminet looked up at his siblings before speaking, he wants to see their reactions live. Excitedly he finally spoke, "je vous aime tous les deux", he happily watched as both their faces turned from impatient to borderline shocked. Through coughs, Lyney asked, "can you r-repeat th-that Fremi?", clearly not believing what he just heard.

"je vous aime tous les deux", Freminet repeated. Lynette and Lyney just stared at him, then at eachother. Both speechless, shocked at what their brother just said, the fact that he just spoke Fontainian...it wasn't even his first language.

Gently, Lynette placed her hand on his cheek, a smile slowly gracing her face. She sighed before speaking, "on t'aime aussi Freminet, tellement, tellement, tellem", both twins watched as Freminet's face lit up even more, clearly he understood what he was told.

They stayed like that for a while before Lyney suddenly picked up Freminet and placed him on his shoulders. Freminet was surprised by the sudden action, but eventually adjusted, excited by the new hight. Lynette laughed a bit as Lyney extended a hand to help her off her feet, whilst keeping another hand firmly around Freminet's ankle.

"Je meurs de faim. Allons au café du coin" he said with a smile. Both Freminet and Lynette nodded simultaneously, excited about the thought of eating at a cafe. "Je veux le sandwich glacé géant", Freminet yelled with an excited smile! Lyney knew that Freminet would get sick after eating the ice-cream sandwich, however, he pushed that thought to the back of his mind when he looked up to see Freminet's giant smile and glittering eyes.

"Je suppose que tu as un faible pour lui, hein?", Lynette whispered teasingly into Lyney's ear, Lyney smiled over at her in response and nodded slightly. Lynette turned her attention back to the pathway ahead, "au fait, je veux plusieurs desserts" she mumbles, however, loud enough for Lyney to hear.

Lyney shoves her a little in annoyance, knowing they don't have the money for multiple desserts. The corner of Lynette's lips turn up a little at her brother's reaction, she lifts her hand up and strokes Freminet's cheeks with her thumb, Freminet leans into the touch and relaxes a little. But still remains excited nonetheless.

Lyney turns his attention from his sister to the pathway ahead. He whispers something to himself before pushing the doors of the café open...

"Je promets de vous protéger tous les deux"