Chapter Eighteen

.

''Live. Love. Laugh''

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN :

The next two weeks passed by slowly for Miles. It had been two weeks since he confessed his identity to his parents. It had also been two weeks since Gwen mysteriously disappeared from his room, only leaving a note that said,

Sorry I had to leave.
See u soon :]
-G

Miles couldn't think of a good reason why she had left. He had been scared half to death, under the illusion she had been kidnapped by some other villain, but he felt immensely relieved when he found the note, albeit a bit sad.

In the span of two weeks, he kept up his life at Visions Academy, becoming a model student. He also juggled his life as Brooklyn's one and only Spiderman, but it was easier now that his parents knew where he was and what he was doing.

Every time, he appeared on the news, his mother would hug him and whisper, ''That's my mijo''.

He felt happy knowing that his parents were proud of who he was and what he did.

Since Gwen's sudden departure, he'd made contact with two of his Spider-friends.

A week ago, Peter B Parker had arrived and announced to him that all the Spider-people had returned to Nueva York and were currently busy with repairs and further developments. He had also insisted on showing more photos of his baby daughter, but this time, Miles wanted to see them. Mayday made Peter happy, so she made Miles happy.

But, when he asked about Gwen, his face fell and he reported that he had no news about her. Apparently, she wasn't answering her gizmo. But, Miles was sure she was alright. I mean, it was Gwen.

The next arrival was Miles's good friend Hobie. He'd come in while Miles was in the shower. 

Imagine Miles's surprise as he entered his room, freshly changed, to see the British punk-rock Spiderman on his bed, chewing gum and smirking as he went through his sketchbook.

Hobie said that Nueva York was almost completely cleaned up. He also said that Miguel had sent his regards and asked about his family's well-being. Miles was glad that Miguel cared more about Miles ever since he had shown his resilience and bravery for the lives of the Spider Society, even after they had wanted to hunt and capture Miles for being an anomaly.

And, again, Hobie shook his head gloomily on the topic of Gwen Stacy.

''She ain't answering me, mate,'' he said, fiddling with his thumbs, ''I tried to call her, said she was busy with something. I did hear scraping and her dad saying something to 'er in the distance''.

Miles frowned. What was going on with Gwen? What was she busy with, that she didn't have time to talk to her closest friends? Unfortunately, Miles couldn't find answers to those questions.

He hoped he would be able to see Gwen again. But, the last time, it had been quite a while when she departed for her universe, just before his battle with Kingpin.