Chapter Eleven.

''She's a long way from suburban town''.

CHAPTER ELEVEN:

As the team prepared to continue their search for Miles, Gwen slipped back into her room.

She really needed some time to think and gather her thoughts. She was distraught and completely broken. But, she couldn't say anything. She deserved it, didn't she?

She was the one who hadn't said anything to him. She was the one who lured Miles into the trap set by Miguel, fully aware of what awaited her best friend there and still stood there and watched as he was told the truth.

She knew it wasn't right to do this. Miguel, however, was really good at persuasion.

But then, Miguel had tried to hold Miles hostage. Miguel had tried to kill Miles. Gwen was not OK with that.

Then, on the train, when Peter reminded Miguel of their deal, Miles had realized.

His friends had known about all of this

And they had done absolutely nothing.

The look in Miles's eyes as he stared at them was absolute shock. Disbelief. He didn't want to believe it. But it was true.

Gwen couldn't explain. She couldn't explain anything to him. He wouldn't listen.

Then, Miles had escaped. He had unknowingly gone to another dimension. And Gwen had followed him to his real home before realizing he was in the wrong dimension.

How Gwen had known, she couldn't explain. She had some sort of connection with Miles. Something she couldn't explain.

Then, they had found him. He had found a variant of herself and they had become fast friends. She found herself a little uncomfortable with this, but hey. She couldn't say anything could she?

Then, they had the fight. God, she felt tears welling up as she thought about it.

Miles was absolutely crushed. Gwen had crossed a line by mentioning Uncle Aaron. She knew that his death was very troubling for Miles. He still blamed himself for his death.

His face as he silently webbed up her mouth and escaped out the window broke her heart.

"And Gwen? I never wanna see you again"

That sentence was even worse than anything Gwen had ever said to him. Miles had dreamt so badly of seeing her and his friends and when he finally got the chance, it hadn't ended well.

True, when Gwen had found Miles following her to Pavitr's dimension, she wasn't very pleased and in the heat of the moment, she had uttered a line that would change their relationship forever.

"I should never have come to see you".

Gwen had only been bluffing of course. She was beyond happy to see Miles again after so long. She had only accepted the job of hunting the Spot because he was in Miles's home world.