Chapter Ten.

''I'ma do my own thing''.

CHAPTER TEN :

''What do you mean he's gone?'' Peter cried in disbelief.

The mood around the room had been perfectly happy. Like a family. They had been eating dinner and joking around, until Gwen came into the room, her eyes red and puffy, tears streaming down her face.

Hobie wasn't buying it. Miles couldn't have just gone. While the others were debating what to do, he noticed Gwen slipping back out the room. He decided to follow her.

He peeked into Gwen's room. He knew it wasn't right, and respected Gwen's privacy. But, something was up and Hobie knew something was wrong between Miles and Gwen.

What he saw made him really sad. Gwen was sobbing her heart out on her bed. And, he also saw the window open, feeling the cold breeze drifting on his face.

''Gwen?'', Hobie slowly opened the door. Gwen looked up, her face full of tears.

''Hobie''. Gwen stood up wiping her tears , ''what are you doing here? What-what-?''

''Gwen, listen. I know something happened between you and Miles. So, spill it. What happened?''

Gwen looked at him for a few seconds. Then, she started sobbing again.

''I messed up Hobie,'' she sniffled, ''I really damn messed up''.

She told him everything that happened. Hobie had to admit, it was pretty messed up, even for Gwen. Hobie knew her as a little sister. They had lived together for a while back in Hobie's home world. But, he could never imagine her going full-blown at anyone and yelling at them. He could never imagine her yelling at Miles, her best friend.

She sobbed into his shirt as he pulled her into a hug.

''Hey,'' he said, ''calm down. Calm down. It's gonna be alright''.

''How can you say that?'', she asked, ''how? After everything that's happened. This is even worse than what happened at the Spider Society. I completely crushed him. The face he had as he left....Hobie it was so heart-breaking''.

''Hey,'' he held her shoulders, ''we're gonna find him. Again. And you are going to make things right. You two are destined to be together. And you will be. I give you my word. Got that?''

Gwen smiled weakly as she nodded.

''Good,'' Hobie stood up and smiled, ''now, let's go find Miles Morales''.

Miles struggled. The Spot had placed tight binds on him, made of some black gooey stuff. He felt angry that the Spot had captured him so easily. But, he shouldn't have been surprised. He was weakened, humiliated and so mad he wanted to kill someone.

Spot smiled as he surveyed him. ''Not so clever now, eh Spiderman?''

''Shut up Spot''. Miles grumbled, ''I ain't in the mood. Just kill me if you want. Just leave my world alone''.

''Oh, I'm not here to kill you, Spiderman,'' Spot came a little forward, ''or should I say, Miles?''

Miles's eyes widened. ''H-How?''

''I've been watching you. That fight you had with your friend, terrible stuff. But, I saw something in you. Potential''.

''What..'', he couldn't understand what this guy was saying, ''what are you talking about?''

''I wanna make a deal with you, Miles,'' he surveyed his hands, ''I won't come and destroy your universe. I won't destroy Brooklyn of your Earth. I won't cause the death of your father''.

Miles blinked. ''Really?''

''Ah. Ah. Ah.'', he waved his finger, ''I won't destroy your universe, on one condition. I know you've had some sort of fight with your Spider-frien-''

Tendrils of electricity shot out from Miles's hand. His eyes glowed with anger.

''Do. Not. Complete. That. Sentence.'' Miles growled, ''If you value your new life''.

Spot shrunk back in fear. ''Alright then, you hate them, don't you?'' Miles didn't answer but no answer was really needed. Miles had just given Spot what he needed to know.

Miles wanted vengeance.

''Miguel O'Hara did this to you,'' he whispered, ''he belittled you. Made you inferior. Weak. Now, all your supposed friends are believing him. I heard what young Spider-Woman yelled, and let me tell you I would not have let her live''.

Miles stared at him. ''What do you want from me?''

''Help me destroy the Spider Society'', he whispered greedily, ''help me destroy Nueva York and kill all the Spider people''.

''All the Spider People?''

''All the Spider People''.

Miles smiled. His smiled was cold and evil. Like the perfect super-villain arc.

''Where do I sign up?''

Hi.