Chapter Fourteen.

''Some things you can't refuse''.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN :

Gwen watched in horror as the black material snaked up Miles's legs and, somehow, started entering his body, his body shaking and twitching violently.

She knew what this thing was. This was a canon for all Spider-people. A dangerous alien foe.

The black material completely entered Miles's body as his appearance started to change. His cuts started healing. His suit was still torn but no longer blood-stained.

Spot laughed. ''It's done,'' he announced. ''rise, my warrior. Rise''.

Slowly, Miles opened his eyes.

He looked absolutely terrifying.

His suit was completely black. His red stripes had disappeared, to be replaced with a white spider emblem. His mask had disappeared, showing his cruel face. It was lit up with a rough grin, his eyes completely black. He looked absolutely villainous and creepy.

''Finally,'' his voice was distorted and heavy, ''I have a fine body. A very fine body''.

Whoever was inside seemed to be able to control Miles's every action. He surveyed his body, flexing his fingers and smoothing his suit.

''W-Who are you?'' Gwen whimpered. She felt a twinge of fear as he looked at her. His gaze was hard, completely devoid of emotion.

''Gwen Stacy,'' the voice laughed. It was really scary to see this voice come out of Miles's mouth. ''Ah, yes. I have heard about you. The emotions Morales has for you,'' he winced, ''ouch''.

''Get out of my friend,'' she tried to keep her voice steady, ''and maybe I won't kill you''.

For a moment, Miles stared at her.

Then he laughed. His laugh was absolutely terrifying. It made Gwen want to crawl up and hide.

''Oh, you have no idea who I am, do you?'' he wiped fake tears from his eyes, ''nobody can kill me. I am a Symbiote. One of the most powerful symbiotes in the universe. I am Venom''.

He smiled at her. ''You can't kill me, dear. No one can. I am immortal. And I will spend my life in this body. And I will help young Morales wreak his vengeance. I will destroy you all''.

''Miles will fight you,'' she said, ''he won't allow this''.

Miles/Venom pinched his nose. ''Haven't you been listening? Miles has sacrificed his body for his revenge. The Miles Morales you once knew is dead. Gone. Finito. I am in control now. And I will help him. Unlike you, I understand his pain. I was betrayed once too, you know. But, I killed all the rebels and am now more powerful than ever''.

Gwen whimpered. She didn't want to fight. She might hurt Miles. She knew he was still inside this ... thing. She just needed to stir him. Talk to him.

''Miguel,'' she said, ''distract Venom. I'm gonna try and rouse Miles''.

Miguel stared at her. ''Are you crazy? This thing is Venom. He's Spiderman's most powerful enemy. More powerful than the Sinister Six combined. And every other villain. You can't defeat him''.