Abnormal Breakfast

Start from the beginning

A noise that sounds like the very distinct audio of someone pulling their weight off of the upstairs bed.

Techno?

You give a hopeful look up to the ceiling, then glance at Ghostbur who was still crouched by the fire.

He tilts his head at you and then also glances up when a few of the floorboards creak around.

Slow.

Slow creaks.

Like someone was dragging their feet, moseying from one spot to another and lingering in areas for far longer then needed.

"I think Techno's awake." You say, then smile at the thought of seeing his mug again.

From his tusked smile to a soft glint of his red eyes- your memory dragged up fond pictures of him in your head

Ghostbur is grinning, "I finally get to visit Technoblade!"

You let out a laugh, "Haha! Finally- he has such poor house manners. He's the host, yet he has yet to greet you."

"Good thing I'm a great guest-" Ghostbur cheekily says, moving to finally stand up.

You start to watch him hang the fire poker back up before a creak from the ladder pulls your attention elsewhere.

With a swivel of your head you watch a familiar burly figure slowly lower down the ladder.

The pink strands of his hair were askew in every direction, an absolute mess of bedhead and crinkles. It was fluffed out in all the most abdsurd ways.

You forgot how much that face meant to you. Forgot how much his presence made that warm fuzzy feeling in you bubble up.

You smile before he can even make his first gruff word.

With a blink and an absent-minded scratch of his hand across his stomach, uttered from his mouth is a soft, "....hulllooo...."

It was nearly a whisper, and it was more growl then actual voice

"Heyyy- Morning sleepyhead." You grin, eyes flickering between both his groggy, half closed ones, "I'm dinner prepping, but I suppose you're expecting breakfast."

He makes a snorting noise at you, not in amusement.

Just a snuff in your general direction.

You imagine he's groggy. And hungry. And probably thirsty.

Water.

Not that he didn't drink water, there were moments in the week where be would have just enough awareness to grab necessities- but then pass out as soon as he touched the bed again.

"Oh shit!" You smack your hand against your forehead, whipping around to look at Ghostbur, "I forgot to haul in some snow to boil for water-"

Ghostbur slams his hand into a salute, "Say no more!"

He makes an extravagant spin over to you, throwing two hands on either side of your cheeks before tugging your head closer to him and pressing an obnoxiously loud smooch onto the back of the crown of your head.

"Be right back-" He chirped, before spinning his way out the door.

You forgot that was also a new development.

Ghostbur seemed to decide you were the new family puppy, and had taken to showering you in random physical affection.

Random hugs, random head pats, random smooches to the top of your head.

It seemed to make him happy, so you just shrugged most of the time and continued about your day.

You watch the door close behind Ghostbur's exit.