Goat or Ram

After Techno roasted those chickens, and tossed them both to everyone, you promptly went to sleep. There was too much on your plate to try and stay up any later then you needed to.

Thoughts about Dream, and Jschlatt, and Techno, and Wilbur- thoughts about how everyone was going through as much shit as you were-

You were tossing and turning for a long time before you could doze off, and in that time, the only person to go to sleep was Tommy.

Techno's and Wilbur's beds were empty.

Come morning time and they were still empty- only this time Tommy had left as well. Off to do Tommy things.

Wilbur was probably doing Wilbur things.

The only person who had been in the ravine when you walked out of the bedroom was Techno, seated on one of the chests, a chest-plate in his hands.

His hands were hard at work, tightening and fastening straps, adjusting lengths.

He was fitting it, pulling all the pieces of the chest-plate into one finished piece.

What the chest-plate was made of was incredibly obvious. The netherite you had given him clearly put to use.

It took a moment of you staring for any words to come out, a raspy, tired, "..Mornin'.." barely making Techno move.

"Mornin'." He mumbled back.

"You've been busy all night."

"You could say that."

Walking into the open ravine, your feet dragged behind you as you stood in front of Techno.

"The fact that you made this in one night is amazing- netherite is some tough stuff to mold." Finally, Techno looked up from his work, barely looking up at you from his seat on the chest.

Barely looking up in the sense that he was just that tall even when seated. He was at your collarbone.

"This is my last piece to do."

Staring wide eyed at him, you glanced between his mask, and his hands, which were still tightening the leather straps underneath the tough material.

"I'm not even gonna question how you made all of them that fast."

"Being the best at everything is convenient...~" His smug tone made you chuff a laugh out.

"Uh huh- sure. Your lack of sleep is singing your praise right now." Moseying past him, you headed towards your little nook, ignoring the look he shot you in favor of laughing.

He grumbled a little bit, giving the nook's table a long look before collecting his work and settling down within talking distance to you.

He didn't talk, but the fact that he went out of his way to make it easier to was such a small but sweet thought.

You laughed to yourself, grabbing your tea and once again ignoring the pointed look he shot you from behind his mask.

"This- this doesn't mean anything. Anyone would get tired of sitting on a chest."

"Yup." Another laugh, another grumble, and you settled into silence, Techno still fastening peices together, while you worked on boiling water.

More warm drinks, because that was all you needed in life.

After setting the kettle up, you shot a look back at Techno, who was absorbed into his.

The piece he was working on seemed...

Small.

Well, not small- armor always had this clunky hefty feel to it, but it was small compared to him-