Jailbreak

You wake up to a small buzzing noise.

Just a quick and short 'brrzt' that was somewhere near your head.

You honestly would have fallen back asleep, but when you hear it a second time you begin the arduous process of wiggling your body around to try and figure out where the noise came from.

It's dim in the attic, a pelt on each of the windows keeping what looks like the afternoon sun from coming in. You feel around the wool blankets and animal furs, before freeing an arm to blindly grab at the edge of the endtable. Your fingers connect with your communicator, grabbing it and pulling it to your face to see who disturbed your sleep.

Techno.

Huh- you glance up and notice that he wasn't in bed anymore. Probably should have noticed that sooner.

You let out a breath of air before looking at what he messaged.

'Hey'

'Be back in 20'

You squint. Odd of him to tell you when he was going to be back. He usually just silently comes back, with no added texting or mentioning before he leaves.

Does he need you to be ready for something?

Your mind immediately goes into fight mode.

Is something dangerous heading this way? Do you need to be prepared to protect Tommy?

'What's up?'

You reply, sitting up out of bed and all but falling over as you blearily set your foot onto the wooden floor.

You relax your clenched jaw when he sends back a, 'Good news'

You slow down from movement, stopped right at the trapdoor to the ladder.

'Is this good news I can know?' You ask.

'No.' Is his immediate reply back.

You huff, typing out, 'I will start a revolution.' Before slipping your communicator in your pocket and deciding that now that you're awake you should just fully wake up and head downstairs.

Which is what you do, idly crawling down the ladder feet touching the warm heated wood of the second floor, and taking in the sight of Tommy sprawled out near the fireplace.

He had a small peice of oak wood in his hands, chipping at it slowly as if to sculpt something. You couldn't tell what he was trying to make.

"Morning." You mumble.

He grunts at you mumbling something unintelligible back as he takes another chip out of his wood block.

You drag your feet over to the chest near the crafting table, digging around in it and pulling out some dried meat.

Instead of starting to eat it, you just hold it in your hand, waddling over to Tommy to stare at him from above.

He... was dressed differently now.

By different, you mean all he did was add a big brown aviator jacket to his borrowed old clothes from Techno.

"New jacket?" You ask, leaning down to pinch the material to see what it felt like.

Rough and tough- with a little bit of cushion underneath. Very durable feeling.

"Meh- not new." Tommy says, still picking at the wood block, "Techno scrounged it up out of his storage... used to be one of Wilburs jackets."

"Oh- He had good taste then."

Tommy hummed, "Yeah- maybe good taste in being a little bitch." Then he cackled a little bit, before evening his facial expression out and focusing back in on the knife and wood.