House Wrecked

Cracking your eyes open after an exhausting sleep, you found yourself peering up at a stone ceiling.

A few days had passed since the cliff incident and everything had smoothed itself over. Relatively. Tommy gave you a little more... respect? Kind of. In like a- 'we both saw some shit' type of way.

He seems to understand that you don't judge him for feeling sad- so he seems to try to do the same back?

He was a good kid.

And no nightmares tonight either- so that was a score.

Nightmares can screw off-

Heck- every bad vibe can screw off to someone who wants them- like Dream or Schlatt. Good vibes for everyone at Pogtopia.

Shuffling around a little more, you finally sat up, all but hugging the quilts to your body with the chill that swept through the cavern.

It needed more sunlight.

Everyone else appeared to be up already, if the empty beds were anything to go by, so you shuffled out of bed, slipping on your boots and yawning as you left the bedroom to start making a drink for yourself.

Lo and behold the whole gang was gathered around the original furnace and chest, Tommy perched on a chest, Techno staring into the hot furnace at what looked to be iron, and Wilbur across from both talking about something you didn't bother to tune into.

"Morning Will, morning Tech..." you called, wiping at your eyes, Techno grunted, still intently staring into the furnace, while Wilbur briefly acknowledged you with a 'morning' of his own.

As you passed Tommy you ruffled his hair and muttered a, "Mornin' kid-"

"I'm not a child!" He groaned- smacking your hands off his head, but you just laughed and went right to your little nook.

Whatever conversation that was being had was dropped by Wilbur in favor of following after you as you started setting out your kettle.

The one word out of his mouth was, "Coffee?"

It was small and hopeful, and immediately shot down by you saying, "Promised Tommy hot chocolate again, Try again tomorrow bud."

Again. Because Tommy kept jokingly blackmailing you to make him hot chocolate after the mountain incident.

Wilbur sighed in a disappointed way, relenting and trudging back to where he left Tommy and Techno at the chests.

It was hard for you to get a read on Wilbur. He seemed like a good dude- he did- but something in you had trouble letting down your walls for him. He was just-

Off-putting.

Sometimes he was his jolly self, and other times you'd catch him later at night, half muttering to himself, on the verge of hyperventilating-

You never approached him when he was like that.

Too afraid.

Too afraid that he would snap and lash out at you.

Instead of focusing on that though, you went back to filling your kettle with water, and stoking the coals, and laying out cups and ingredients.

With a stark realization, you noticed you were out of cocoa powder.

That's- not the best.

You hadn't started a garden here, but you supposed you should. Now would be a good enough time to do so.

Rustling around through your cabinets you looked for raw cocoa beans, finding none in the first one, so immediately switching to the second one.

Everything you shuffled through was just more ingredients, and while you had some raw sugar cane for growing more- the apparent lack of cocoa beans made you sigh.