47 | or she's dead

Start from the beginning

Gabriel pulls up outside the abandoned building that looks like something straight from a horror film. I get chills just looking at it. I glance at my phone to find that I have a text from Zane.

Zane

He's on his way

Lonzo

Where are you?

Zane

2 minutes

I tilt my head into the warehouse where I locate my men positioned in the back rooms, Zane's men hiding around the perimeter. I loiter in the doorway as Gabriel stands close behind me.

A car pulls up and Zane steps out, fixing his blazer and retouching his guns behind his back. "We better get inside," he urges us. "He'll be here soon."

"Alright," I say and let Zane wait at the entrance whilst I hide at the back of the room, Gabriel on the opposite side.

There is so much shit and trash in this warehouse that hiding is easy. Big wooden boxes, plastic sheets and rubbish cans everywhere. I feel my fingers begin to itch at the anticipation of finally getting this motherfucker, when he least expects it.

I can't wait to see the light leave his eyes.

Soon a car arrives but I'm certain I hear multiple tires. I curse in my mind. Zane would have told him to come by himself, no back up. But knowing Landon, he doesn't go anywhere without his protection–even if he's had his head so far up Zane's ass these last couple of months.

My eye slides in between two boxes where I get a perfect view of Landon as he strolls into the warehouse, a pair of black glasses on his face. I haven't seen him since his little unexpected visit at my office in town but he looks bigger, thicker.

I narrow my eyes as he approaches Zane. "Landon," he nods sharply.

Landon stops short and sizes him up for a second and I hold onto my breath. "Zane," he says in response. "This shit hole is what you thought had potential?"

Zane straightens his sleeves. "You've been here all of three seconds. I'm the one who started and made their own club by themselves. This could have a lot of potential, will need work but I see a vision."

I hear a cold laugh but then I remember, Landon is always acting as cold as ice. "Right," he nods and swipes the glasses from his face. His eyes dart around the large room, across the boxes and the mess. When he looks in my direction, I duck behind the box just in time. "Well..." he trails off. "If you say so, Zane. You know best."

The way he says those three words. Something doesn't sit right with me.

My head moves slowly to take a look at them again. Only waiting for Zane's words, then we're on him like there is no fucking tomorrow. Before he can even blink he'll be on the ground.

"Would you like a tour?" Zane suggests, his arm gesturing to the rest of the warehouse.

Landon grunts in response. "This place looks like it's about to fall through any given second. Where did you find this place?"

"Online," Zane says shortly. "He said he'd give it to us for a good deal, which means more money to put into the actual assets of the club."

I watch as Landon takes two steps around Zane and glances at the walls, hands tucked behind his back. I keep my eyes focused on Zane, any second now he should say the signal for us to move in.

Blood roars in my ears. We're so fucking close. He's right here and I want to blow his damn head off.

"Landon, we would make good business partners."