Madness

[Madness]

I closed the door behind us, clicking is into place, pressing my palm against the cool metal. I tapped it lightly twice before turning around. Desmen was facing me his hands up. He swallowed, his palms and face slick with sweat. "Desmen, what's going on?"

He sucked his lower lip into his mouth and bit it slightly. "Um, you were right." I looked at him still not fully understanding what he was referring to. "We shouldn't have stayed so long."

As he said that, I felt the barrel of a gun make contact with the back of my head. "Hehehe," the man behind me did breathy quiet chuckled. "Yeah, you shouldn't have stayed so long."

I turned myself half-way towards him and rose my elbow, throwing it straight so his nose. I felt the hard piece of skull shatter against impact.

"Ah!" He cried turning his head away, his broken face in his hand. His gun still raised at my head, I turned around fully and twisted his arm under mine. I yanked him towards me, no space between our bodies. Lifting his head, I used my own to strike him again. The center of his face now destroyed. I used my side to disarm the gun from his hand, and released him to the floor. He fell limp into a heap, his breath shallow, blood gargling from his nose.

I walked over to the gun and picked it up. I turned towards Desmen, pointing the gun at him. "Duck." I said. Desmen instantly crouched and I took my shot. It landed in the center of his capture's forehead. With his eyes rolled to the back of his head he fell.

"Shit." Desmen swore. "That was hot." He laughed.

"Shut up." I smiled at him before putting the pistol into my belt.

Out of the short silence, directly to the left of us was a rhythmical clapping. The single sound carried so much. Anger, dominance, importance. We turned our heads and found the boss. A mini army behind him. "Oh yes, young love." He faked dreamily. "But you're not the same rank now, are you? No." He shrugged. "Too bad really. Punishment will be required." The guns behind him were cocked in unison. All barrels pointed directly at us.

We turned to run but they had blocked that hallway as well. We turned to the hallway across from Ron's door but there was no where to run. About 50 Takers in jet black uniforms came marching in our direction, assault rifles in hand. They slowly inched closer, "There's no escape now." The boss called over the stomping feet of his men.

"Dammit." Desmen cursed before un willingly removing his blades from his wrists. He put his hands up just as he was just a few minutes ago. He turned to me, I hadn't moved. I didn't want to listen to another word that came from that motherfucker's lips.

"Iris." He said getting my attention. "It's time to give up." As if he could read my mind, I knew he was right. In this point in time, there was no where to run, and no backup on the way.

I sighed and bit the inside of my cheek, making the inside of my mouth bleed. The taste of sharp iron and the faint trace of salt spread across my tongue. I placed the pistol to the ground before removing the sniper rifle from my back. My knife was remove from its sheath and placed onto the floor with care. That knife was with me everywhere I went. The fact that I was giving it up was hard enough.

A pair of hands grabbed my wrists roughly, zip tying them together tightly. I felt my eyebrows knit together as we were pushed to the ground. My face was pressed to the floor, a heavy foot against my spine. I looked up at the boss giving him a look of disgust.

He smirked wickedly, "That's exactly where you belong. On the ground. Beneath me. What were you planning to do exactly? Kill me, take over my organization? Don't make me laugh."