Desmen

[Desmen]

I woke to the smell of bacon. "What the hell?" I groaned. I swung my feet over my bed side and stretched. I lazily stood and snatched my dagger from my bed side. I walked around the doorway and thew the knife across the room. It struck the cabinet above my intruders head.

"Morning sleeping beauty!" Desmen called.

"Sleeping who?"

"Nothing never mind." He turned towards me with plates of breakfast. "Time to eat." He placed them on the countertop and watched me slowly shuffle towards him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I picked up my fork and cut into the eggs.

"Why the hell aren't you alarmed? I just broke in, again."

"Anybody stupid enough to be here when I wake up is a moron. I could easily take them out without even trying. They'd show me that they are inexperienced and cocky, so no one. No one but you."

"Thank you?" He questioned.

"You're welcome." I munched on a strip of bacon.

"Wait are you saying I'm not good at what we do?"

"I'm saying your freaking awful."

"Why's that?" His voice became rough.

I smirked. "If you of some importance they wouldn't be letting you walk around so freely. The fact that they have security cameras throughout the halls, we can assume that they don't care about you. They don't pay attention to you. You're not important to them."

"Well wouldn't you say that's a good thing? Low key? Can get away with anything?"

"I feel like we have similar ideas and opinions but we aren't alike."

"How so?"

"Well from the time we've known each other I've come to 3 conclusions. One, you believe in the silent, background killer. Where I am a forward, stealthy killer. Gain trust, surprise attack. Two, you have a personality. Happy, playful, hopeful, cocky. I do not. I'm a serious, ambitious, and a grump. Three, you've been able to experience more outside compound life than I have. Do to the fact that I don't know who sleeping beauty is. Who is she?"

"A princess."

"Ugh, gross. Never call me that again."

"Yes ma'am." He saluted me smiling widely.

"Why are you here again?" I waved my fork at him.

"Ron sent me."

"What for?"

"He said I had to take care of you."

"Why?" I frowned taking another bite of my eggs.

"Not sure. He told me to show you a good time."

I choked and pounded my chest. Knowing Ron he had his sights on some dirty gossip.

I coughed up my food and started gasping for air.

"You ok?" Desmen asked laughing.

"Ya thanks to your help." I shot sarcastically.

He shrugged. "I knew an egg wouldn't be the end of you. You're too tough." He looked away from me.

"Are you blushing? Please tell me you're not sappy." I said as I continued eating.

"I'm not." He said quickly.

"Ah, so you are. What a softy." I smirked at his back.

"So how's the food?" He changed the subject quickly.