CHAPTER 49 - WORKING TOGETHER

Start from the beginning

"Alright. We also have to tell our handler." Loid said.

Loid opened the door for Yor before entering the car on his side. Sitting inside, (F/N) smirked. 

The car ride was silent, besides Yor occasionally telling Loid the directions to Garden. 

"So, mom, you're an assassin, dad and I are spies, and Anya-chan is a telepath. What a family, don't you think?" (F/N) asked.

Yor turned to the younger female in shock. 

"Anya-san is a telepath!?" Yor shouted.

"Yeah, I just found out today. I also found my biological parents today." The girl said.

"Wait, so Loid-san is not your actual dad?" Yor asked. "Nope." (F/N) extended the p.

"Dad and I are colleagues. We were paired together for this mission which requires a family." The girl explained.

"I see. What's the mission?" The car went silent. 

"T-that's if you want to tell me!" Yor said. Loid and (F/N) looked at each other. 

"We'll tell you when we get confirmation from our handler." The man said. "Fair enough."

Arriving, Yor got out of the car. "Please wait here. It will only take a few minutes." Yor said.

"If you're not out in about 15 minutes, do you want me to come in?" The man asked. "Don't worry, Loid-san. I'll be alright." 

With that, Yor made her way into the building complex. 

When Loid looked back at his eldest daughter, he saw her teasing face. "I'm not telling you anything that happened." He said.

(F/N)'s face fell. "Fine! Be like that! I can already guess what had happened in that building!" She yelled.

With Yor, she walked into the Garden and came up to the Shopkeeper. 

"Thorn Princess, did you finish the mission?" The man asked. The woman shook her head. "I couldn't." She said. "And why was that?"

The man turned and faced Yor. 

"Twilight and Midnight... I found out they were my husband and eldest daughter." Yor explained.

"Thorn Princess, that is all the reason why you should kill them." The man said. "I CAN'T!" 

The shopkeeper was surprised at Yor's outburst. 

"I can't... They mean so much to me. They were to also kill me but didn't." The shopkeeper sighed. 

"That's a good sign, at least." The man nodded. 

"Please! Please let me end my assassinations!" Yor yelled. "You do know, if you were to leave, it would just be me." He said.

"Please! I'll try and help you with anything myself! Finding a job to protect people! Just please!" Yor begged.

"Alright then. Thorn Princess, or should I say, Yor-san, I grant you permission to end your career. I wish you the best in your future endeavors." The man said.

Yor smiled in gratitude. "Thank you, Shopkeeper!" 

Running out of the building, she entered the car and slammed the door shut.

"I did it! I'm not an assassin anymore!" Yor yelled. "That's wonderful, Yor!" Loid smiled.

"Though, I have to find a good job for Shopkeeper. Something that saves and protects people." She said.

"He can try and work with WISE, can he?" (F/N) asked.

The adults turned to the youngest in the back. "We're on our way to headquarters. It's worth a shot." She explained. "I don't see why not."