CHAPTER 3 - KIDNAPPED

WORDS BETWEEN -   - MEANS THOUGHTS

POV - MIDNIGHT/FORGER (F/N)

I had just woken up from my peaceful sleep. Though seeing the unfamiliar room, I put my guard up. 

"Wait, this is my new life." I deadpanned at myself. 

-Whatever.- I got out of bed and headed into the bathroom to get cleaned up. 

I then walked to the kitchen to make breakfast to see dad sitting while reading the books and essays on parenting.

"Morning, dad." I called out. He looked up at me and smiled. 

"Good morning, (F/N). Did you sleep well?" He asked. "Yes, I did. Did you?" I answered. "It was enough to make me less tired today." I nodded. 

"I'll start making breakfast then." I said. "Do you need a hand?" Dad asked as he got up.

"It's fine. You keep resting, dad." I replied. "Alright then." I cooked up some miso soup and grilled salmon with rice for breakfast.

"Morning, papa, (F/N)-nee." I looked at Anya-chan. "Good morning, Anya-chan." I smiled.

"Good morning, Anya. Did you sleep well?" Dad asked. "Peacefully, papa." I smiled as I plated the food. 

"Breakfast is ready!" I announced. I placed the food on the table as we all sat down. We all started to eat in comfortable silence.

"Anya-chan, dad, would you like anything to drink?" I asked. "Coffee please." "Hot cocoa!" They answered.

I giggled at how messy she was eating. "I'll get it ready." I said.

I picked up my finished plate and placed it in the sink while preparing the drinks. 

Once I finished, I placed them down on the table and took the now finished plates.

"I hate studying!" Anya-chan yelled."I need to know if you have the brains for the entrance exam." Dad said.

"I don't need to study. I can just read..." Anya-chan stopped talking. "Do you plan on cheating? You do know that if you fail..." Dad trailed off.

-If she fails, our mission is done for.- I started to do the dishes. 

"Anya-chan, if it makes you feel better, you can study with me. I also need to enroll in the same school as you." I said as I gave her a kind smile.

"Enough of this. I'm going to step out for a little while." Dad said as he grabbed his hat and coat. 

"And you're staying here today with (F/N)! And that's final!" He yelled.

He pointed at Anya-chan. "Stay home and behave!" He continued. "Have a safe trip, dad!" I waved at him.

As dad left, Anya-chan slipped out. "Anya-chan! Dad will be very angry." I said.

And he was angry. I heard him yelling at Anya-chan everytime she gets out when he places her back inside.

In the end, dad barricaded us inside from the outside. Anya-chan was now laying on the couch, bored. "Anya-chan? Why don't you study with me in my room?" I asked.

-I don't really need to study since I have a pretty high IQ. Also, thank goodness dad placed my equipment in his room so I don't have anything dangerous in there besides a few weapons.-

"Nope. I don't want to." She answered. I deadpanned. 

"Well, I'll be in my room then. Call me if you need anything, Anya-chan." I said.

-I've got a few hacking missions today according to the messages I got on my phone.- I went into my room and closed the door. 

I sat on my bed with my laptop on my lap and started to hack away. What I didn't know was that my little sister was snooping in dad's room.