CHAPTER 42 - THORN PRINCESS

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS

3rd POV - AUTHOR

(F/N) was walking home from school when a car pulled up right beside her. 

The female, thinking that it was just some old dude trying to hit her up, continued to walk. 

"(F/N)!" A voice called out. She then turned around to see her father in the car. 

"Dad?" "Hop in, we've gotta get going." Loid said.

Taking a seat in the passenger seat, she turned to her dad. "Where are we going?" (F/N) asked.

"Handler-san's has a meeting we need to attend. I saw you on the way so I picked you up." The man explained.

"Ah, I thought it was an old man trying to hit me up." Loid deadpanned at his daughter. "Alright then." He muttered.

Once the 2 spies entered HQ, they went into the meeting room where most spies were waiting. 

"Agent Twilight, Agent Midnight. Please, have a seat." Handler said.

Taking a seat, Handler started the meeting. 

"As you all know, we are losing many spies because they are taken to prison by the SSS. Though, what I just found out today was that spies are also being... Assassinated." She said.

The room turned tense. 

"We believe it is Garden's doing. The state of the bodies we were able to recover were killed in the same manner, stabbed in the head or major arteries. 

In Garden, there is this one assassin with the name Thorn Princess. She assassinates people with long dagger-like weapons." She continued.

Handler handed out folders about the assassin and her organization. 

"We don't know what they are planning but we better put a stop on this, asap. 

What we do know is that the Thorn Princess is the most active assassin in the group with high speed, stamina, reflexes, durability, trained combat, very organized and clean, immune to poison, and that she is intelligent in this field."

Handler looked at her top 2 spies. 

"She could even rival the both of you, Twilight, Midnight. All of this information is just words from the streets, which can be false but by the sound of it, it seems pretty legit. 

We also don't know how she looks. Also, it is said that they're leader is someone with the alias Shopkeeper. 

There is also a man named McMahon Matthew that is associated with Garden." Sherwood ended her explanation

(F/N) raised her hand. "So in conclusion, we just need to wipe out Garden to save other agents from dying." She said.

"Yes, that is why I called all of you here. Any other questions?" Handler asked.

No one raised their hands or spoke out. "Alright. Dismissed." The car ride was silent until (F/N) started to talk.

"Someone who can rival us, huh? She sounds sick." (F/N) smirked.

"But you do know now we have to watch out for this woman along with the Desmonds?" Loid asked. "I know." 

(F/N) looked out the window as Loid looked at his eldest daughter. 

"From here on out, things are going to get rocky. We have dinner with the Desmonds this Sunday." Loid said.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot." (F/N) said.