CHAPTER 9 - AFTERMATH

WORDS BETWEEN - - MEANS THOUGHTS

POV - TWILIGHT/FORGER LOID

The atmosphere was gloomy as we all sat in the living room. -We definitely failed.- "Uhm! Why don't I make some tea!" Yor said. I looked down.

-Yet again, I showed that I'm no longer fit to be a spy. I brought my feelings into another situation that didn't need it.- "Papa, I'm sorry I did badly in the interview." I looked at Anya.

"You don't have to say sorry to me, Anya. You probably didn't want to go there for school." I said.

She stood up and grabbed my leg. "But I do. I want to go to school." She said. "Huh?" I looked at her. "I have to go there!" She continued. "Anya..."

-If we get rejected, then this family will... But no, it's not like I care. It could cause trouble in the mission. Though, I have faith in (F/N) because her words really go to the interviewer.-

Speaking of (F/N), I looked at her to see if she was ok. She was sitting beside Yor-san, reading a book. She has been quiet since we came home.

"I have to be honest, it's kinda iffy." I said. Yor-san looked at me. "I-I think we have a chance! Especially with (F/N)-san." She said. Anya smiled.

"Ya, full glasses man and half glasses man liked us and (F/N)-nee really much!" Anya smiled. "They will probably put some words for us! Just believe." Yor said.

-A spy never relies on someone but himself and his partner. Us spies also think of the worst outcomes.- 

'I want to be with them forever!' -It won't hurt much... To feel just a bit.- "Perhaps, it's not our problem now. Let's celebrate our hard work. (F/N)..." I called out.

She looked up at me from her book. "Don't worry too much, alright? You did amazing so you might even pass." I said.

"But, I don't want to pass without Anya-chan." She voiced out her thoughts.

I smiled. "Let's not worry right now, ok?" She placed her book down and grabbed a cup with a smile.

"Alright." She nodded. "To our family's bright future!" We cheered. Just then, something fell. "What the!?" "Something just fell." We muttered. 

(F/N) pointed out. "It was our family photo. Something is telling me something bad might happen..." She then proceeded to shiver.

3rd POV - AUTHOR

"Today's the day." A woman said. "Hm?" The male was confused. It was a convo back in Westails between a male and female. 

"You don't remember!? Eden is posting the acceptance list at 12:00!" The woman yelled.

"Ah. That mission that Midnight and Twilight are handling." The man nodded. "Peace between our nation lies in this mission. How can you forget!?" The woman yelled. 

The man was really chill. "Twilight and Midnight are on the mission. There's nothing those 2 can't pull off and they have each other. I've no doubt they'll tell us 'The sakura flower blooms.'." The man said.

"What does that mean?" The woman asked. "It's a secret code. It means 'Got accepted to the school.'." And that was that.

POV - MIDNIGHT/FORGER (F/N)

Here us Forgers stand, looking at the scoreboard with a mixed expression. "I... Passed..." I couldn't even say that I was happy that I was accepted.

I looked at the rest of the family. They, too, had mixed expressions. 

I crouched down to Anya-chan. "I'm sorry I passed and you didn't..." I said. Anya-chan teared up a little.

"Good job, (F/N)! You passed. We're proud of you." Dad and mom said.