"Forgot my shirt," he mumbled as he passed by before pulling on another long sleeve Henley this one a cream color. 

My eyes lit up at the reruns of Golden Girls, my favorite comfort show. 

"You weren't lying about being from California. Good to know you're not a liar, Opie Winston."

"No reason to lie."

I liked the way he just acknowledged that. Of course, I wasn't calling him a liar, but we were perfect strangers just an hour ago.

"An honest gentleman... I can totally respect it," I smirked as I snuggled into the blankets and laughed at the girls arguing over something silly as a date. 

"What do you do for a living?", I asked.

"Mechanic. You?"

"I went to school to be a dancer but of course my parents didn't support that dream. Um, so I guess I'm unemployed right now."

"With a $10,000 purse off your arm... either your parents are rich or we have travelled into dangerous waters with this conversation," Opie quirked a bushy brow. 

I glanced over at my black quilted Chanel bag and then back to the huge man who had brought it up. I silently wondered how he knew the cost. Not trying to judge but he didn't look gay nor like he came from much money by the mountain man appearance. 

"I bought my wife as an anniversary gift 6 years ago. We had to sell it to afford a down payment on a car when she became pregnant and work was slow," he admitted after my silence stretched for awhile. 

"You guessed it," I grumbled my chin resting in my palm as I turned back to the show. "I guess you can tell a spoiled rich girl when you see one."

"I didn't say that."

"It's okay. I know what I am." I ignored the slight pang of hurt at the dig to myself but I just grabbed another snack and dug in instead of acknowledging it fully. 

Somehow, I ended up falling asleep with my back facing Opie. The blankets were tucked around me tightly and I shifted enough to see that Opie hadn't even slept in his bed. Not one wrinkle as I looked over to find him as the sun began to break through the curtains. 

I sat up rubbing sleep from my eyes. 

"Hey."

"Hi."

Opie entered the room with various foods like cereal, hot oatmeal, muffins, coffee and OJ on a tray. I smelled the faint scent of eggs and bacon. 

"Their waffle maker was broken so I got you everything else."

"You didn't sleep..."

"Yeah, haven't had much of that in a few weeks unless I was completely trashed," he admitted absentmindedly as he set down the breakfast tray on the nightstand. 

I didn't want to pry so I ignored the urge to ask more questions. He had a right to his privacy just like myself. 

"Hey, did you tuck me in? I am a crazy wild sleeper. I'm surprised I wasn't feet on the bed and head on the floor by the time I woke up," I joked.

"You damn near were until I caught you. The tuck in was necessary."

I giggled at the thought. Ever since I was little, I would be Hell to be in bed with. I would also have to be completely drunk to become like a rock and not move the whole time I was asleep. My mind went blank as I grabbed a fork and tucked into the breakfast, he had so kindly gathered for me. 

"Thanks again."

After finishing my coffee, I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth once again before putting back on my clothes from the night before. It oddly didn't feel like shame once I put them back on but maybe that was just because it was a necessity at the moment. 

I didn't have a brush or a comb so I decided to divide my hair with my fingers and detangle it with a little water before braiding the two parts as neatly as I could.

"I went to check on your car and it was just a minor issue that could easily be fixed. It may need some more gas but overall, everything is pretty good. I'll take you to the nearest auto repair to find the part," Opie insisted as he gave me a rundown of his nightly affairs. 

I dug into my purse and pulled out some big bills to pass to him but he shook his head. 

"I'm not taking your money, Alanna. We'll call it favor for favor."

"But I haven't done anything. You've been the favor, um, giver this whole time. I really should repay you for each kindness."

"One day, I'll need a favor. I'll take you up on that when I do," he spoke and it sounded so mysterious that I almost paused in my move to the door. 

I nodded with a smile. He saved me from a horrible threat and he took great care of me in my time of need. He knew how to keep a safe distance and he didn't expect things from me when other men would have gladly taken me from one bad situation to the next. It was weird how I didn't feel unsafe around him despite him being a total stranger. Oddly enough, I felt a lot safer than when I was within those closed off walls surrounded by hundreds of guards.

SEE YOU SOON!😂😂😂