05. five

The next morning Joanna woke up in Giuliano's massive — and empty bed. She felt good. She felt whole again. Yesterday night hadn't gotten them very far in addressing the serious stuff that needs to be addressed, it was hard when all she wanted to do was make out with him. Giuliano took her to his hotel room, saying he didn't want Joanna to wake up in the morning and change her mind about him again.

Joanna went into the bathroom to brush her teeth, finding it fogged up as Giuliano stood in the shower. 'Do you mind me brushing my teeth?'

'No, I don't, you can even come into the shower if you need to,' he said wiping the glass with his hand to see her face. 'Good morning,' he grinned as he shampooed his hair.

'It can always get better,' Joanna said, forcing herself to not notice his lean silhouette through the foggy glass.

'It can, can it not? Get in the shower with me.'

'I'm brushing my teeth.' Joanna applied toothpaste on her toothbrush, keeping her eyes locked in to his.

'Do you want get breakfast outside?' Giuliano turned to the shower head, leaning forward to rinse shampoo out of his hair.

'I was thinking room service, I like your suite,' she said once she had finished brushing her teeth.

'Sure, you can already order, get whatever for me.'

Joanna closed the door to the bathroom, fanning herself for a good minute before she could reach for the phone. Joanna ordered quite a bit of food since Jules was massive and his appetite was just as big. Joanna grabbed her phone from the couch and plugged it into Jules' charger before getting under the covers.

Lauren Ndombasi, 01h04: meuf ça va?

Nisrine El Kaddouri, 07h42: waar ben je

Nisrine El Kaddouri, 07h42: alles oké?

Instead of writing a long message, Joanna took a selfie in Giuliano's bed and another one of his night stand before pressing send. Just a few seconds later, Giuliano came out of the bathroom with just a towel around his hips. Distracted by her phone, Joanna didn't notice the knocking on the door until he opened it.

'I'll take it from here... No, really, it's fine... Thank you,' Joanna heard from afar. She fell back onto the bed as Giuliano rolled their food into the room. Joanna stared at the ceiling, listening to Giuliano's movements as he dressed the table on the balcony. 'Are you going to tell me what you ordered, I'm kind of hungry,' he asked when Joanna didn't make an attempt to get up.

Pushing herself up, Joanna crossed the distance between them without Giuliano ever turning his eyes away from her lower stomach. Sitting down next to him, Joanna watched Jules uncloche their food, noticing his tan.

'Where did you travel this summer?'

'Didn't travel, why?'

'You're super tan,' Joanna said, grabbing his hand and running her thumb across his skin.

'This is the first time I've left the country since April, but I guess I've been in the sun a few times.'

'With your girlfriend?'

+

😈