Chapter:5

The surgery officially started at 7:30 AM...

Everyone waited anxiously outside the OR, each and every person in agony as they watched the clock tick slowly.

Jimin sat restlessly; every once in a while, he would bite his nails and touch his forehead.

Sehun looked calm; he was playing games on his phone to distract himself, but his heart was filled with turmoil...

Jennie was in a bad mood, she sat silently on a chair in the hallway without speaking a word.

"Jen, do you want some water?"

"No."

"How about some food? I can buy you some fruit."

"No."

"You are pregnant now, you can't do this to yourself." Taehyung was speechless.

He was also sad and worried about Jungkook and Lisa, but he was even more worried about the health of his fiancée and baby.

"Are you done? I already said I'm okay..." Jennie was in a very bad mood.

Lisa was the only good friend she had after all these years, and even though they had not known each other for very long, they got along very well with each other.

Therefore, she was very mad, especially when she saw how big of a sacrifice Lisa decided to make.

She already cried multiple times...

Chaeyoung bit down on her teeth as she hid and smoked at the end of the corridor.

Her nicotine cravings were much stronger than Lisa's, the latter would only smoke when she was sad whereas Chaeyoung smoked sometimes when she stayed up late.

Bambam suddenly appeared behind her and grabbed the cigarette from her hand. He threw it to the ground and stomped heavily on it.

"Frequent smokers have black lungs..."

"Why does that matter?"

"You will live a short life."

"No one lives to a hundred years old anyway, it doesn't matter if I live a short life," Chaeyoung said without hope.

"I know you're sad, but don't be like this," Bambam said comfortingly.

"Stupid police, hey... will they make it?" Chaeyoung asked in a shaky voice.

"I think so." Bambam was sad too but he still hoped that Jungkook and Lisa would be okay.

"But why am I so scared, my heart has been hanging all this time... It won't come down," Chaeyoung said as she pointed to her chest...

Tears slid down her cheeks...

Bambam felt terrible when he saw her tears; he took out some tissues and gently wiped them away.

"Don't cry... I'm sure they'll be okay."

Chaeyoung couldn't help it anymore, she threw herself into Bambam's arms and started crying...

"Bam, I feel so bad... I can't imagine never seeing Lisa again. How can this happen? I've known her for so many years, I can't accept this."

"I know, I know..."

Bambam gently hugged Chaeyoung and patted her back to make her feel better.

On the other side, the faces of Jungkook's parents were covered in melancholy; Mrs. Jeon did not speak after she was yelled at by Jennie.

"Tzuyu, let's go," Mrs. Han suddenly said in a low voice to her daughter.

"Mom, the surgery isn't over yet." Tzuyu didn't understand why her mother would want to go now.