"Oh, I am." Riley said, "Also, are you going bowling this Saturday with all of us? I made sure Danielle invited you."

"I am." I said, "Thank you, that was thoughtful."

"Well...I didn't want you left out. Glad you're going, though. You can see how terrible I am at bowling." Riley said.

"Well, then we can suck together." I said, "Because I am awful too."

"I look forward to it." Riley said.

On Saturday night, Stephanie had a date with Johnny. He asked her if we wanted to grab dinner, and she of course said she would.

"Jenny! Can you help me with the back of my hair?" Stephanie called from her room.

"I'll be right there." I said. I was in my room deciding what to wear tonight for bowling.

I walked into Stephanie's room and saw she was struggling to straighten the back of her hair.

"I've got you." I said to her, and started running the flatiron over the curls she missed in the back of her hair.

"I figured I would straighten my hair tonight." Stephanie said, "I can make it last for the week as well."

"Your hair looks so pretty either way- curly or straight." I said to Stephanie, "Are you excited?"

"And nervous." Stephanie said, "I hope it goes well. It's one thing to flirt in a busy bar and another to go to dinner together."

"If it goes really well...and you have the option...would you hook up with him?" I asked her.

"I don't think I'd fuck him tonight." Stephanie said, "But never say never."

After I helped Stephanie finish with her hair, I went back into my room to choose my outfit. My hair was already lightly curled and I had makeup on. I decided to wear a dark green v-neck t-shirt and a pair of frayed jean shorts. I looked in the mirror, second guessing over and over again if I looked okay, as I always do.

"You look great."

I looked to see Stephanie standing by my open door. She looked very pretty in a floral sundress.

"Thanks, Steph." I said, "So do you."

"Is Riley going to be there tonight?" Stephanie asked me.

"She is."

"Good. You'll be able to talk to her." Stephanie said.

Hopefully I get some chances to.

For our bowling group, it was going to be more than just my co-workers and I. Keely was bringing her boyfriend, Xander was bringing his fiancé, and Marie was bringing her boyfriend. Danielle was bringing one of her friends, and Tim was bringing one of his friends. I had asked Carmen if she wanted to come with, but she was going to a concert with her boyfriend, Julian.

When I got to the bowling alley, it was loud and crowded with lights like it was a nightclub. A hip hop throwback was blaring, and when I got to my group, we had two lanes and two high tops.

"Jenny! Over here!" Danielle called my name and was waving me over to her table.

At her table was her friend, a very pretty woman with deep brown skin and tight curly hair named Janelle, Tim, his friend, Jackson- who was a handsome guy with dark brown hair and blue eyes, Demarcus, Marie and her boyfriend, Nathan, and Riley.

At the other table was Keely and her boyfriend, Kyle, Xander and his fiancé, Alexandra, Lauren, and two of her friends that she brought. Though we were at two separate tables, we all started to intermingle.