Chapter 14. The final

Author: I've never finished a book before. It feels weird XD

No, but really without any of you I wouldn't have finished this. Thank you. If you actually want a continuation on this, just say so.

This chapter has manga spoilers <3

Hope you enjoy! <3

Third person.

The two men stared at each other, none of them having a happy face. The blonde shot a glance at London seeing that the flames had been put out. His ruby eyes trailing back to the man in front of him. A huge 'bang' was heard and a flash of light seen. The two men on the bridge only close their eyes, still facing each other, meanwhile the people below them shielding their eyes with their arms and slightly turning away from it.

"What was that light?!" "Was there an explosion too?!"

"Ah... Look over there! Someone is there!" Loud shouts from the people were heard, but nothing more than mere whispers to the men on the bridge.

"Isn't it... Sherlock Holmes!" "Professor Moriarty too!" "It's the lord of crime!"

William opened his eyes. His usual gleaming rub red eyes were dark like no light had come to them for years.

"I'm glad you came on time, Sherlock Holmes." He said his fake smile was still present.

"The eyes of thousands of people who were guided along the river were gathered here at once with the flash of light... Your plan is brilliant" Sherlock said, not even trying to fake a smile. "Aristocrats and citizens... By protecting their city together from the great fire broke the barriers of their classes, and now all the anger and hatred in London have been concentrated on The lord of crime..." He stopped a little, taking in a deep breath and exhaling slowly. " You're... The devil for them."

Williams' smile was dark and not even real as said. With his top hat on,  his eyes looked even more lifeless, no shine, no reason to live.

"But... It's not too late yet!" Sherlock continued, clenching his  fist tightly. "There is nothing unforgivable in this world!"

William lowered his head, taking a grip on his top hat like he was going to take off.

"I'm sorry..." He said first, so softly Sherlock barely could hear. " Are you tempting me to stay alive?" William threw his hat away somewhere into the deep thames, taking out his sword from his walking stick. "I won't take your hand... I'm not wrong... The only devil here is you, Sherlock!" He didn't mean it, if there was something he didn't mean this night it was that. Sherlock was nowhere near a devil. In William's eyes Sherlock was an angel glowing strongly against his darker than black demon. But on the other side, Sherlocks heart dropped. He knew William didn't mean it and it was all a part of the act, but it didn't mean it didn't hurt him.

William charged against Sherlock, but just as he came to lay the sword against Sherlocks flesh he was stopped by the sapphire eyed man in front of him.

The scene is watched from a little ways away by William's brother, Louis and one of his accomplices, Moran.

"It's already begun." Moran said with his dark voice, hearing the soft steps of Louis behind him. " Many citizens along with nobles are watching this showdown with bated breath, as they pray for Holmes to come out victorious... There's nothing more we can do about it." Moran pauses, looking down before looking up again at Louis that had his back slightly towards Moran. "...Louis, is this really okay?" He asked hesitatingly.