Chapter 10. Why does things go so fast...?

Author: So, I'm going according to my own plan in my head... mostly because no one gave any request (insert sad face)... SO HERE COMES MY PIECE OF SADNESS :D

Third persons Pov.

It had gone about four or five days since William had started staying at Sherlocks place. He knew it was coming to an end right about now.

While being out with Sherlock, William had spotted Fred and he had excused himself discreetly to hear what his fellow companion needed to say to him.

"Good evening, Fred." He had said to the younger boy looking at him a slight confusion sparkling behind. "What did you need to tell me?"

Fred gulped, averting his eyes to his side. Which he mostly did when his doing didn't have reason. "I don't really know, but Albert and Louis wants you to come back..." Fred said quietly and pretty emotionless except the little tint of questioning to the reason of them wanting William back already.

William on the other hand knew exactly why and it was also for his best. It was so he didn't get closer than he already was to Sherlock. He sighed sadly, but did his best to smile at Fred. "Okay, tell them I'll be back today night or tomorrow morning."

Fred simply nodded and walked away and as precaution, William left a few minutes after.

He walked back to Sherlock, sitting on a bench and smoking a cigarette. William shot him a soft smile nodding his head towards Backerstreet, trying to say that they should head back. Sherlock inhaled, than exhaled a cloud of smoke before standing up and throwing the cigarette away.

Williams Pov.

If there was something I did not want to do was leave Backerstreet, Ivy and of course Sherlock. But, to go along with the plan he had to go as soon as possible and I can't either get to close to Sherlo-... I wasn't supposed to call him that and what have I done for the last four day? Not only call him by his first name, but by his nickname as well... Can't go back I guess...

Finally in front of the flat door, I stepped in and walked to the small cabinet where I had laid the clothes I had used. I opened up my brief case and gently, but a little forcefully stuff my clothes into it.

She-... No, Mr. Holmes curiously watched as I was packing. Might as well stop making mistakes now, better than never...

"Hey... Are you already leaving?" He asked walking closer, grabbing my hand softly. I flinched at the touch and dragged out of his hold.

"Uhm, yeah... I have been called by my brothers," I said fake smiling towards him, than switched my attention back to the brief case and closing it.

"Alright..." He said, turning on his heel and walks to his night stand and grabs something. "Here," he throws something at me and I nearly drop it.

It is a small black wooden box with a, probably fake gold engraving design. I slowly open it and in it is something I didn't expect him to afford. It was a gold ring with a ruby, but it was a odd ruby... It had what seemed to be a miniature lily in it.

"How did you get something like this...?" I said softly, stunned as I inspected it. It was real gold and ruby.

"I got a friend to get a small lily into the ruby for a reasonable and I kinda fought for a lower price constantly on the ring itself." Mr. Holmes said chuckling a little.

I smiled softly and looked up at Mr. Holmes. "Thanks, Holmes." I said almost choking out Holmes instead of his real name.

Mr. Holmes looked a little stunned, than hurt, but swiftly brushes it off. "Your welcome, Liam" he said smiling... Fakely obviously.

I put the ring on my right ring finger, as to not give the idea of him being married. "I'll take my leave now," I said bowing my head a little smiling. "Thanks for everything, Holmes."

"Your welcome, again." He said and looked at me, soft expectation glimmering. "Come home safely, Liam."

"Of course."

When I came home I was met by Louis and Albert in the sitting room.

"Welcome home brother, are you hungry? I can warm up some food if you'd like?" Louis said beginning to stand up. I did a motion for him to say seated.

"I'm fine. I think I am actually gonna go sleep already." I said, just trying to get away before...

"Oh, okay brother..." Louis said softly, worry lacing his voice. I'm sorry Louis.

I went up to my room and did something I've never done. Locked the door and than just rolled into the bed digging my face into the pillow.

After a while I felt the pillow get wet and I rose my head from it. Oh, I'm crying... Pathetic... I know I've been crying before and even in front of Mr. Holmes... and all those times I've felt pathetic. Now it's even more so. I'm crying for another person, a man and a... What was he to me? A part to my plan? A friend? Or something in between? Or... Or more? No, not more. That's impossible even if I wasn't the lord of crime, it was illegal. Not like murders, but it could be seen as bad.

I take a shaky breath and look at my hand where the ring sits perfectly. Why would he spend money on me? There is no good reason to give someone like me who only drags trouble with me, something so beautiful and he was only some kind of buddy who Holmes could talk off on, right?...

After more than a while I find the motivation to move and pack away my things and switch to my sleeping clothes, which still smelled of She-... Holmes. It was a calming scent of to many cigarettes and a soft scent of violets.

I miss him...

...

...I Should Have Never Stayed There...

Author: I have nothing to say...

Hope you enjoyed! <3

Have a good morning/day/evening/night! <3