4

I woke with someone on top of me

I woke with someone on top of me. Not heavy of course, she weighed way less than what I could lift in a gym.

I looked down to see Rory still peacefully sleeping. I brushed a little bit of hair out of her face before giving her a kiss on her forehead. God she was so gorgeous.

The day I bumped into her I was honestly having a bad day but her little smile made it better. She looked so pretty and I don't know what over came me. I never would've offered to take anyone home. But when she spoke I couldn't help but turn around and look at the face of the person with such a soft voice.

A lot of people say i'm grumpy and I understand that. I've always been uptight but after what my father did to my mother, I just grew to hate life even more. It's how I was taught to act though. My father taught me to show no emotion, he would even force me to play poker with him until he couldn't see any tell that I had.

A little groan snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked down to see Rory waking up. After a moment she opened her eyes and looked up at me.

"Good morning Antonio" she rolled off me and turned to stare at me again. "Good morning amore, how did you sleep" she blushed at the nickname and I had to bite my lip to hold back a smirk.

"Fine, this bed is so comfy" I chuckled before turning and grabbing my phone off the nightstand. 7:00. "Well you better get ready you have work in an hour" I put my phone back down and looked at her again.

"Oh snap, that's right"

"I'll go make breakfast come down when your ready extra tooth brush is under the sink, and you can pick anything from my closet to wear" She mumbled a small thank you before getting up and going to the bathroom.

I grabbed my phone before getting up and walking into the guest bathroom and brushing my teeth. I went down stairs and grabbed pancake mix. I didn't have maids cause I wasn't home much and I could do everything myself. My mom taught me to cook before she died and it was one of my many specialties.

15 minutes later Rory came down with a black t-shirt on and black shorts that I guess she found in the back of my closet where stuff was that didn't fit me anymore.

"I found these in the back of your closet" suspicions confirmed. "Yeah they don't fit me anymore so I just threw them back there" she nodded before looking at what I was making. She frowned a little before looking back at me. I knew something was going on with her but I couldn't figure it out.

She lies about the bruises on her face and I can tell cause she stutters whenever she lies. I'm leaving it be for now, I just hope it isn't what i'm thinking though.

About 5 minutes later I finished making the pancakes and handed her a plate with one on it. She looked at it for a second before looking back up at me. I walked over to her and grabbed her chin making her look at me.