Chapter 11: School days

Abigail's pov

"Geez Tay, do you really need all of those book?" I yawned and stretched my legs by getting off the couch. Taylor looked up at me and clicked her pen closed.
"I only got six" she referred to her books and held them up.
"Only" Steve smirked and walked in with soda. The boys made their rounds by kissing us on the foreheads and asking how our day was.
Pony was also reading. He butted in to our conversation.
"They're cruel" he joked.
"Please pony. We could do so much worse." I announced.
Soda laughed and went to the kitchen to get the mail.
He came back with some chocolate milk in hand.
"Was there any mail for me?" I whispered.
"Nope" he kept his head straight forward.
I glanced back over at Taylor to see her writing in a book. She was shielding away from everyone.
"Taylor, I don't know much about books but I don't think you're supposed to write in them." I laughed.
"Well this is my own book" Taylor kept looking at her book and her hand was moving quite swiftly.
"When do we get to read it?" Steve strained his neck to look at it.
"It's simple. Never." She smirked and stood up and walked up the stairs.

Dally came in finally with Johnny and two-bit.
"Is she going to sleep here?" Dally asked.
"No I don't think so" I replied.
"Then go get her. I'll take you two home...."
"But why?" I asked with wide eyes.
"If you would've let me finish. You've got school tomorrow" dally informed me.

-//-

Taylor's pov

I woke up to Abs shaking me awake.
"No I can't go to school. I'm dumb." I whined.
"No you're not. Now get up" she hit me with a pillow.
"Five more minutes. I don't care what I look like" I shoved the pillow over my head to block out the sunlight seeping through the windows.
"Get up" she screamed.
I could feel my floor shaking. Here comes dally. Well I could either get up or just get yelled at.
I heard the door swing open.
"Both of you QUIT the screaming and get ready for school." He demanded. I say up once I heard the door close. Abigail wasn't effected by the yelling.
"Sorry" I mumbled.
"It's okay. It must be hard to know you'll be going to a different school. With all new people" I nodded slowly.
All I need are my books and I'll be just fine." I smiled.
"What dress are we wearing today?" Abs said while searching through her closet.
"Let's do the blue/orange polka dots one" I suggested.
She threw me the blue "orange looks bad on me" she laughed. "Well we are identical" I laughed.
Abigail had her makeup and jewelry on already and was downstairs with her bag.
I was running around putting shows on as I did my hair and makeup.
"Come on Taylor you'll be late" dally screamed.
I came running down the stairs covering myself from old habit.
"I'm sorry. Please don't hit me" I shuddered. Just like old times.
I felt his smooth touch on my arms as he brought them down. my head drooped.
Dally lifted it with one finger.
"Hey. I'll never hurt you." I smiled a little.
"Wow they really did some damage one you kid" dally remarked.
"I know I know. And I hate myself everyday because of it" I spoke softly.
"Well turn that frown upside down sista" Abigail tried to cheer me up.
We all walked to the car together.
"You girls have got to stop wearing the same thing" dally chuckled
"But it's not. They're different colors"

-//-

"I'm sorry Taylor Winston but you do not qualify to be a junior this year. We will have to hold you back" the principal informed me.
"Well I hate to say it but that's probably a good thing. I was very far behind at my old school" I smiled and shook his hand.
"Well it's nice to see we've got a good student on our hands" he smiled and gave me my schedule.
"Does someone need to show you around?"
"No thank you. I think I can manage" I cheeky smiled at him.
"Have a good day now" I smiled and left the room

"What a bastard" I whispered to Abigail.
"What happened?"
"I'm held back a grade" I slumped in the chair next to her.
"Let me see your schedule" she ripped it from my hands.
"Oh you've got his. These classes were all so easy"
we stood up and walked to our lockers.
"You like smoking right?" I asked her.
"I love it but dal won't let me...Us Anymore" she sadly spoke.
"Well I'm sure more than half of these kids would be willing to sell us some. What if we switch spots at times. You take he classes I don't understand. I'll go to yours and then go to the "bathroom" but really go find the deals?"
"Devil-like. I like that" she put her arm around me as we got strange looks from the segregated hallway. Socs on the right. Greasers on the left. Sure Abigail and I looked alike but we were not the same person.

A/n

Sorry I know I'm the worst but I've been beyond busy and everything is starting to smooth out. I'm having more free time now. Sorry. And sorry I haven't updated other ff too