Chapter 6: did i just see myself?

Taylor's pov

I've been on the bus for 6 hours straight. I know I'm on my way to Tulsa but I only know that's in Oklahoma but I'm not sure where It is In Oklahoma. But all I know is that I should be about half way there.

Trees trees trees and more trees. I have nothing to do! I can't fall asleep. I can't trust the scum bags on this bus with me, they could take my wallet and I need everything I can get.

The bus driver told me hours ago I couldn't smoke on the bus. I was getting angsty for one though. I feel like I have a problem smoking but it's not like anyone really gives a shit.

_______
3 hours later
"Next stop Tulsa" the driver yelled.

"Thank god!" I whispered to myself. The guy next to me sighed to. I'm with you pal.

The trip was a total of 9 hours, so it wasn't that bad but on a bus it tripled. On a public bus it quadrupled. The bus halted quickly and the people getting off rushed to the front and paid their dues.

"Ahhhh fresh air" I could feel the wind through my hair. I took what was left of my luggage and began to walk to the nearest food store. I wasn't going to be able to buy much though. I've got a total of $2.45 so that's that. I rolled my eyes.

I began to wander, thinking of asking the people that looked nice. Little did I know the people that looked nice are not the people to ask.

Socs is what they call them. They have them everywhere. But they have never fought a girl before. Except Tulsa. This place is dark.

The socs slapped me around but got bored and left. I came from an abusive family, very very abusive. Nothing can hurt me. The socs bruised me up a little but it's not like I even noticed. It was like I was numb to any pain.

I continued my day as planned. I was in desperate need of food.
The streets were slightly busy. I enjoyed looking at all the cars pass me and all the different new colors Tulsa had to offer. The side walks had women strolling with their babies or with big bags. Not very many men were out. Only teens and children. I turned my head to the left and saw I big bad group of hoods walking in my direction. I didn't spend much time on them but I think there were 7 or 8 and one girl was in the middle from the distance they looked pretty attractive but bad news so I sped the opposite direction and headed into a little store for something to eat.

I was in the back looking for my favorite chips, potato chips. I studied them all contently and heard the bell ring, showing another customer came in. I didn't let my mind wander and kept scanning the shelf until I found the best ones were $.50 and I looked at the coca cola in the fridge and it was $.25. I dug through my change In my pocket and handed the exact amount with tax to the cashier.

I took the bag and bottle off the counter and looked down for isle behind me. I saw a girl about my height with Carmel brown hair like me. She did something that reminded me of myself. A nice flip of the hair and snapping of fingers when I was trying to decide what to get. Scary. She began to turn around so I raced out the door wanting to find an alley to sleep in tonight before it's too dark. As I turned the corner a voice behind me said "hey wait up. What with the rush?" I didn't even turn around.

"I'm sorry, you must have me confused with someone else." I shouted with out turning to see who it is.

"Oh there you are" the male voice said to the other girl in the store. I ducked into the closet alley and placed my back against the wall and listened to their conversation as their foot steps faded away.
"You know their was a girl in there with hair that looked......" and then they were out of my hearing range.

I wish I could have a relationship like that. I sided and opened my coca cola.

A/n

That was frustrating to write towards the end because I just wanted them to know it was the other so badly. But don't worry the next chapter they will find one another hahahah