Chapter 10: the library

Taylor's pov

I hugged my sister as tight as possible.
"I'm here for you Abs, I know it must hurt to see soda with other girls but it's going to happen, he's beautiful" I tried to comfort her.
"I-I know, but I've just gotten so attached, we've been friends since we were like 8, right when I got here we got so close. I remember my first encounter with him....

Flashback

I ran from dally, we were In the lot and coming closer and closer to the lot. I got on that monkey bar sphere thing and stood on the top. Dally warned me to get off and as quick as light I lost my balance and fell right to the ground. Later that day I remember waking up in the same spot, dally had his legs under me for support of my head and a sweet women, who I later found out was the closest thing I would ever have to a mom, she held an ice pack to my head. I felt hands on my feet and I looked up to see two boys around my age tying my shoes together. The one boy had a cute little smile.
"Hiya, I'm sodapop" he held out his hand. I looked up at dally for permission and he nodded his head, telling me to shake it.
"I'm Abigail" I smiled and patted down my hair, i could feel the bump.
"I'm sorry about your head" he said and grabbed a ball laying by his feet and a 5 year out boy came running up.
"Mommy, will you play catch with me" the young boy pleaded. "Sure honey but once I take care of Abigail. Okay?" The boy nodded and went to his older brother, sodapop and whispered in his ear.
"Uh mom, pony wants to know if the cute girl can play too" soda blushed and the mom chuckled.
"Only if she's up to it" mrs. Cutis said with loving eyes. I nodded quickly and got to my feet and ran all the way to the open area to play catch. And that's when it all began, soda and I were inseparable

Real life

"Oh wow, I'm so sorry" I spoke softly, not knowing exactly what to say, sometimes silence is the best option.
"You can't be sorry for something that you have no control over. You just have to get used to it" abs spoke quietly then popped up.
"He'll come back, they always do" she smirked and grabbed her jacket then tossed me mine.
"Where are we going?"
"Out" she said cooly and let the door slam on the way out.

I grabbed my jean one and ran after her.
I put one arm through and caught up with her.

"Where are we headed?" I said panting, wow I was out of shape.

"To get some new clothes. Show those boys what they're missing out on" she smirked and kicked a pebble.
"Are you sure? I mean you said they would come back. I mean I just got here and I don't really want Steve, I just think he's cute. Anyways love just hurts in the end, you get your hopes up and it never works out. That's why I don't get too attached." I explained and we both stopped in our paths.
"You don't share much with people do you?"
I nodded yes quickly.
"How come?"
"Well you've gotta get tough and nothing can touch you, if you don't let your feelings get in the way, you won't get hurt" I spoke softly and let my head fall.
"Well now you have me, and I want to know everything so you're gonna have to let me in" she kissed my cheek.
"Well I'll need help getting my walls down" I took her hand and we skipped and giggled to the outlet store Abigail was talking about.

-//-

"Okay Tay come out!" Abigail yelled from outside the changing rooms.
"No it's just so revealing" I was shy. The outfit was a typical greaser girl, I liked it a lot but I don't think Dallas would. And I want to get off on a good foot with him.
The pants were black leather, the shirt was off both shoulder and also black, the jacket was, yep you guessed it, black leader jacket with red lining and the shoes were red pumps.
I slowly came out.
"Oh my god! If I buy this for you, you are sharing it with me" Abigail shrieked.
"Whoa doll, you can have it. It's not really me" I used the jacket and covered up my chest.
"Hello, God wouldn't have given you them if he didn't want you to shake and show em" Abigail Said with a straight face but I was laughing with tears almost in my eyes, I was almost doubled over from how funny it was.
"I'm serious" she smacked her gum.
"Fine. If I have to wear this, you have to wear.... this" I pulled off a blue an purple dress that puffs out on the bottom.
"Ugh gross no! That's a doc dress." She took her gum out of her mouth and threw it at me.
"Please sis, you, we, could rock this!" She ripped the dress out of my hands and took it in the room.

Five minutes later she came back out and said
"zip me"
I did so, we walked over to the mirror to see the dress fit her like a glove.
"Okay, that looks amazing" I squealed. She blushed, "it does look pretty good doesn't it?"
"You look stunning. I picked out other dresses that we're buying. The boys won't know which is which. Please!!"
"Yeah. I have plenty saved up. But under one condition. They aren't he exact same color" I nodded and took her hands. and we both stepped in front of the three way mirror.
"You're right. The boys won't know what hit them" we smiled bright and picked out the rest.

-//-

We walked out with four bags each.
"You're right, that store is so great" I spoke with excitement.
"Yeah it's my go to" we slipped out newly bought sunglasses over our eyes.
"Where to now?" I asked. We were walking around aimlessly.
"I was thinking you could pick" she looked over at me. "Anywhere you wanna go"

"Hmmm" I tapped my chin.
"I've got it!!" I whispered over in her ear.
"You've got to be kidding me" she rolled her eyes and chuckled.
"This way" we turned he corner and walked a few more miles until we were at the....
"Here we are, the Tulsa public library" she said in kind of an ignorant voice.
"Yay! I can get so many books and a library card and maybe even write my own..."
"Taylor have you talked to pony?"
I shook my head no.
"Well you should" Abigail said and flipped her sunglasses up as we walked through the big doors.

"Speak of the devil" she whispered under her breath.
"Oh that's pony, I recognize him now" I waved over at him but he was really into his book.
I searched around for a bathroom and dragged abs over with me.
"What?..," "Shhhhh" I cupped my hand around her mouth.
I released when we were in the handicapped stall.
"What are you doing?!" She whipped her face.
"Take off your shirt" I said and took off my white top, abs and I were still sorta matching from earlier so the boys know which was wearing which.
"May I ask why?" She said sarcastically and did it anyway. Man, I've gotta teach this girl a few things.
"Okay pony didn't see us come in. He knows what color each of us was wearing. So switch. The plan is for me to go over as you and flirt with him pretending to be you as you go over and stack as many books as possible and carry flip through the pages. got it?" She just nodded yes and we were both smiling an evil smile.

-//-

I made my way over with my bags full of clothes, both abs and mine.
"Hello pony" I threw my bags down and sat the way abs would.
"Hey Abigail? What's up?" He spoke in a questioning voice.
"What's wrong pretty boy? Never seen a girl at the library?"
"Umm no, just not a girl like you" he marked his page in his book and shut it.
"Oh I'm not here for me. I'm here for her" I hitched my thumb over to my twin abs who was playing me.
"Oh she likes to read?" I rolled my eyes the way abs does.
"Loves. It. Almost a little too much" I winked.
"Looks like she's got quiet a few" he strained his neck and looked over me.
"Yeah. She loves it" I twirled my hair. I slipped off my shoe and reached across the table and slid my foot up his leg.
His chair shit back, slamming into the other table.
"Shhhhh" he got from multiple Librarians.
"What was that, Abigail?!?" She whisper-yelled.
"Just a little fun." I turned around and made eye contact with ab, I mean Taylor and used our sign, tap our nose, I turned back around to see pony packing his stuff up.
"Pony calm down" I leaned across the table, to make sure he saw my cleavage.
His eyes went wide and he blushed so much he turned into a red crayon.
"Abigail. This isn't you, I know you like soda but This is weird."
I felt a hand on my shoulder.
Ponys head was not looking down at his feet.
"Pony, I'm Taylor"
He shook his head slowly and chuckled.
"Of course it is. How long are you two going to do that?"
We both looked at each other and said,
"Probably forever"