Chapter 9: to the lot for football

Abigail's pov

"I can't believe you're actually here" I squealed and hugged my twin sister again.
"I know. It was so rough back home with no one with me. I was so alone" she put her head on my shoulder.
"Sorry for asking but what was your home life like?" Sweet ol' Johnny asked.
She removed her head from my shoulder and sat up straight.
"Well after the other two left my parents became dark. They drank breakfast, lunch and dinner. If something bad happened at work they would take it out on me. If I made too much noise at night when I couldn't sleep, which is almost every night, than another beating it was. I was never aloud to have friends over but I didn't have any good ones. Only the ones that did drugs and other stuff-" she was cut off by dallas
"You didn't for drugs Did you?!" He screeched.
"No sir" she said in a quiet voice, obviously scared by how he raised it.
"Don't you dare yell at her again" I pointed my finger at dal, he too had a sorry look on. I rubbed her arm to sooth her
"He just takes some getting used to" I whispered in my sisters ear. she nodded slightly.
"Continue" Steve said and leaned in closer by putting his elbows on his knees and chin in his hands.
"Well then the occasional beatings that only happened on certain nights or days became a daily thing. Soon I was making them beverages and lighting their cigarettes. Night after night ' 'dad' would bring home his drunk group of old guys night after night I would find one in their bed. They both lost their jobs, you would think they would stay home but no they would go to poker games or bet on somethin stupid. We were in huge debt. So that went on for years. Finally the night I left before I walked out I looked at the glass bottles and cups and realized they had broken more glass items and used them on me than they had left. That was no place for a child. But then again I wasn't a child anymore, living in those conditions you have to shape up pretty quickly to survive" She told them her story and everyone looked very sad, except taylor. Not a tear streamed down her face. Some did on mine though.
"Oh my golly. I can't believe you went through that" I cried. "Im so sorry"
"It's okay guys. I'm okay" she informed us.
"So what do you like to do for fun?" Twobit asked.
"Well over the years I have learned to run pretty quickly so you could say I'm athletic. And I really enjoy writing. I've always wanted to write a book, change people's lives." She smiled brightly. It was quiet for a little bit, you could hear the birds chirping, the sun shines through the window.
"You sound like a day dreamer. You and pony will be friends" Darry smirked at pony. Pony did some blushing for sure.
I nodded. "Sometimes you just gotta do a little dreaming" I grinned at her.
"Why don't we go play a little game of football in the lot?" Soda suggested.
"Sure but can we go change. I don't feel like playing in a skirt and I'm sure taylor doesn't want to play in jeans" I laughed.
"Anything for you darlings" soda smiled at Taylor and I.
"Sure we will go home. We will meet you at the lot" dally said and put his arms around both of our shoulders.
"Where's home?" Taylor asked. I just squeezed her hand. "This is home to you now" dally smiled down at her. She grinned so wide, it really showed off her beauty.
"Dal you can take my truck if you want. It'll be quicker" Darry yelled from the kitchen.
"Oh man dar, that would be great" dal respond and caught the keys as Darry threw them.
We hoped in his truck and drove off.

"So Taylor a few things you should know. Socs are the bad guys. They may look nice but they're not even close. And just because you're a girl doesn't mean they won't hurt you. And until you get the hang of Tulsa I want you to always be with one of the boys. Anyways you should get to know them better." Dally said using one hand on the steering wheel and waving his other hand around.
"Got it"
"Another thing is I don't want you two walking alone together." Dally said next.
"But Dal I walk by myself all the time and I'm fine" I whined.
"You do?!" He shouted.
"Oh yeah. I do all the time." I yelled over Taylor. I could tell she was uncomfortable.
"Stop it than. I don't want you two to get hurt."
Wow he really cared.
"I don't really care if I get hurt" Taylor whispered.
"Well get rid of that attitude because I would never forgive myself if something happened to either of you" dally said a little less aggressively and turned the car into bucks.
"Okay but first why are we at this party house?" Taylor giggled.
"Well we live on the second floor. I'll have to talk to buck about getting you two your own room" dally said and stepped out the door.
"It'll be okay. He takes some getting used to, actually no one knows this but he's sweet around his sisters but can be a real asshole around he friends and other girls. He just takes some time. He means well" I told Taylor.
"That was him being nice?!" She said sarcastically
"Kind of. He takes some time. He will be-" "what's taking so long?!" Dally yelled from the front door. We burst into laughter and ran out the passages door and up to the front door.
"Oh man, you two are going to be hyper when you're with each other aren't you?" Dally asked annoyed and stepped into the house not holding the screen door for us. It slammed right in front of my face.
"I swear" I mumbled and tay chuckled too and I opened the door letting her go in first.
No one was really in the bar area since it was still the morning.
We marched up the stairs and walked in the room to dally shirtless
"Jesus dally can you close the door?" I laughed. Taylor nervously laughed too like someone was forcing her. I felt bad she didn't I so anyone or anything from Tulsa. I feel like we were dragging her around.