Chapter Three

a/n: im gonna rewrite the prologue and chapters one and two. I don't like how I did the dialogue and such so eventually ill get those updated. Let me know if you have any tips and tricks for dialogue bc that's what I struggle with the most. Also, [reader]'s personality is mostly misturis but with a touch of my own. Sorry if Shanks' personality is a bit off, ill try and loosen it up a bit. 

"What do you mean you don't know who he is?" asked Ben (he was the first to introduce himself to you, as he is Shanks' first mate)

You look away, suddenly feeling a bit shy. You had no idea Shanks was such a big deal, to you he seemed like a silly old dude. Someone you could drink yourself to death with, and not regret a thing. While you haven't known him long you just know he's good, your gut says so. 

Shanks placed a hand on your back, "No need to be so shy [Name]! I promise they don't bite." He gently pushed you, basically telling you to speak up.

"Where I come from, it's very secluded and isn't well known. We don't have bounty posters anywhere and the only way we even know what goes on in the world is the newspaper which comes only once a month," you explain quickly, your face immediately turning red as you watch the sea of pirates listen to your every word. 

"Ah, I see," Ben muttered.  He shrugged and continued. "The reason we're so surprised is cause our captain here is a yonko."

He's...

WHAT?

Your jaw drops as you look at the red-haired man, this man is a yonko?!? This goofy ass man?

"Oh no, I challenged a yonko to an arm wrestle are you kidding!?" You yelled to yourself, sliding onto the floor and crying out due to the predicament you put yourself in.

"YOU WHAT!?" screamed the crew. 

You look up at them, your face screaming 'Pray for my arm recovery'. 

 Shanks was pointing at you and laughing his ass off. What? He couldn't help it you looked so pathetic, and he was eating it up. And trust him when he says it tastes delicious. 

"I'M GONNA DIE!!!" you wailed. 

Shanks bent down and grabbed your shoulder (his shoulders still shaking up and down with laughter). "C'mon, let me take you on a tour of our ship. It should make you feel better."

.

.

.

.

"Woah! Your ship is so nice, much nicer than mine hehe..." 

Shanks chuckled and continued showing you around his ship. You weren't sure why he decided to show you around but you were grateful nonetheless. 

"I'm glad you like it, I suppose you'll need it." 

"Hm?"You tilt your head.

He rubs the back of his neck, red rising on his face. "I've decided that we'll take you to a shipwright." 

"WHAT?? But you barely know me, Mr.Shanks!" You flail your arms around, it wasn't that you didn't appreciate it-you very much did- it was just surprising after all.

"Well," he began "The reason I took you on a tour of the ship was because I wanted to get to know you better. And I can do that if you stay with us for a while." 

So handsome!!

"I couldn't ask you that, not without keeping our deal!" You flush, your hand cupping your soft delicate cheek. 

You seem to do that a lot.  And Shanks loves it. He can't get enough of you, he's barely known you 24 hours and you got him whipped. He can't help it, you have this loving energy around you that he just wants to drown himself in. 

He sighs and returns to the deck, you following close behind him. 

"You sure you still want to arm wrestle? Either way, you're still staying on my ship." He says but the last bit of his sentence didn't sound as warm, it sounded like you didn't have a choice.  

"Yes, it was our deal after all. Wasn't it?" He hummed in agreement. 

"All righty then, c'mon let's do this thing!" He seemed excited. Or you hope so. Maybe. 

"Gather round everybody! Capt'n is gonna arm wrestle the poor girl!" Yasopp shouted.

You tried your best to seem confident as you placed your elbow on the wooden barrel, but you were so going to lose. 

"Are ready to lose, lil miss?" Shanks snarkily said as he placed his elbow down and connected his hand to yours.

You flush once you feel his callused hand touch your own.  The closer you looked at his hand, you could see the difference in size, texture, and overall look. His hand was scattered with tiny scares that you could only see if you were close enough. 

"Not really, hehe..." You laughed nervously. 

"All right," Ben began. "Get ready in 3," You clenched your hand as did he. "2," You look him dead in his eyes, not backing down even though you were practically shitting your pants. "1! Go!!"

Your arm flexes as you slam his hand onto the barrel, the wooded barrel shattering at the contact.

"Oops..."