Chapter Four

A/N : I'll try and make this one longer than the last chapter. But I wanted to leave it on a cliffhanger hehe.

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF PAST SEXUAL ABUSE/ TRAUMA

TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF PAST SEXUAL ABUSE/ TRAUMA. TREAD CAREFULLY.

Silence.

Not a word was spoken.

"I'm sorry! I-I'll pick it up, Mr. Shanks!" you stuttered out, terrified he was angry with you. But before you could fully bend down shanks grabbed your arm. 

"No, it's alright. You are a lot stronger than you look." He smiled, genuine happiness and excitement brewing off of him.  

"Oh," you squeak. "EEEEK YOUR SO HANDSOME!!!!" you suddenly screamed, voice high-pitched and ear piercing. 

The captain laughed heartily, loud and full. It made your screaming heart pump even faster. Seriously how can a man be so majestic and goofy at the same time?! You don't know but you definitely enjoy his company, as well as the crews'.  

"I'll have Ben show you to your room for the next few months little miss. That alright?" 

"Of course! Although do you think I could grab my stuff off my boat?" You tilt your head. 

"You don't gotta ask me that little miss. Go ahead, he'll wait for you. Since it's getting quite dark." He gently pats your head and walks to a stool taking a large swig of his alcohol. 

"You got it!" you send him a thumbs-up and skip out, Ben trailing behind you. 

You flush when you think about tonight's fiasco, it was so embarrassing!!! You hope Shanks doesn't see you any differently. Any less feminine.  

Little did you know a certain redhead was thinking about how beautiful you are. How he loves the small crinkle of your eyes when you laugh, or when you sit down-- all the plush of your thing smush against the seat-- giving his eyes a wonderful view. But most importantly, he loves the way your eyes flutter as your face turns red from embarrassment. 

He silently thanks himself for even deciding to check out your little boat. Truth be told he did actually try during the arm wrestle, but in a real fight... he would win. Experience triumphs over muscle.

But the way you broke not only the barrel but also his pinky. Not that he said anything, for he knows you would have felt terrible and he can't have that for his leannan. Not on his watch. His hand twitches at the thought of you crying, a sour expression on your face--tears flowing rapidly down your delicate cheeks-- It didn't suit you. Not your pretty little face.

He may have only met you a day or so ago but he would do anything for you. Anything.

"Mr. Shanks? You alright?" Your sickenly sweet voice asked, full of nothing but worry and care. It almost made him sick the way his stomach flipped.