Chapter Five

A/N: 1.5K READS??? THATS SO MANY. YALL. I CANT. THANK YALL SM.

HERES AN EARLY CHAPTER FOR A CELEBRATION.

"That was so delicious Mr. Shanks!" You gently patted your belly in satisfaction, a huge grin spread wide across your gentle face. 

"No problem lil' lady." He snuggled into you a bit more. Jeez, you're comfortable.  "Although, we're gonna have to make a pit stop since you ate most of our stock..."

Your face flushes a bright hellish red, not only are you extremely embarrassed but also because of how clingy he's being! Especially since you have only known one another for about a week and a half. It's fascinating really, how fast you found yourself becoming attached to him. He's one of the sweetest men you have ever met. And you've considered staying with him, more than once. But you refused to burden your friend. And you made a promise to Sanji to meet him again someday, and you never would if you stayed with Shanks and his crew. It may be bitter but it's true. It's something you'll have to live with, even if it feels like your heart is being ripped out and stomped on. 

"WAHHH, I'm so sorry!! I didn't mean to eat so much! Why didn't you stop me!?" you cried as you shook him. 

Shanks lifted his head from your stomach and looked at you dead in your e/c eyes. 

"I chose life," he answered his voice flat and as if it was the most obvious answer in the world. 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT YOU BONE HEAD!?" you screamed as you hit him in the head, although making sure to be gentle enough so as to not send him into the fourth dimension.

"You get so mean when you're hungry!!!" his voice thin and pouty. You blink and carefully pull him closer, caressing his hair with your hand. "I'm sorry for scaring you," you mumbled softly, your voice heavy and sweet. Just how he loves it. 

As you played with his red, fluffy hair, he hummed with contentment. It had been a while since he had felt this way - so intimate and warm, like the sun on a cold winter day. He loved every moment of it, and perhaps, he was starting to love you.

"Stay." he abruptly said.

Crap. You knew he was going to ask this. 

You blink back tears, lift his face from your chest, and look deep into his red eyes. "I'm sorry but I can't I made a promise to someone. And I can't break that promise." Your body tries to heave but you swallow it. 

"I would do anything, just please stay..." He pleaded, his voice pathetic and weak. 

"Let me make you a promise," You reach your pinky finger out. "I will visit you whenever I can, I'll write you letters every day. And I'll even..." you blush "I'll even kiss the letters!" you squeaked. 

Shanks tried to laugh but it sounded more like a huff than anything. Still the same ol' [name].

"Fine. But you have to write EVERY DAY, okay?" You nod as he takes his own pinky in your own.