Chapter Eleven

(pls comment and vote)

+ + +

Charlie walked into the main area of the institute, trying to avoid any eye contact. Isabelle Lightwood hadn't long stormed into Charlie's room after Alec had left, and she handed a pile of clothes to Charlie.

"Put these on." She instructed and she swiftly left the room afterwards. She knew Charlie well enough to know he'd probably disagree and say he was fine wearing his everyday clothes, but Izzy was not having it.

So here he was, walking through the insitute with practically half of his chest showing. He wore a silk black top where the last half of the buttons up to his chin were "missing" and some skinny-ish jeans to go with it along with his trusty white sneakers. Like he had done once before, Charlie rang his hands through his hair and approached the abandoned weapon area.

He was a Shadowhunter now. He needed to be brave and he had a job of protecting mundanes and those who have not broken the accords, which tonight, included warlocks. Charlie was stepping into his role with a new, fogless mind.

Grabbing the Seraph blade, he swished it around slightly to try and get the feel of it.

"You're doing it wrong." Looking over his shoulder, Charlie playfully rolled his eyes and held up his bandages hands.

"Well, we can't all be perfect in every way." Alec quirked a brow at the blonde's words, but the boy simply waved him off and turned once again, looking at all the weapons on display.

"I could teach you." When Charlie looked over his head and at Alec, he couldn't help but gulp a little as Alec was now right behind him, looking like a new surge of confidence had overtaken his body.

"But we need to go-" Charlie tried to give an excuse to get out of this situation, but Alec rolled his eyes, seeing right through it.

"Char, do you want to efficiently fight opponents?" Scowling in defeat, Charlie nodded his head begrudgingly. He then fished out the Seraph blade handle and stared at it for a moment before the blade appeared, glowing brighter than ever.

"Okay, smart guy. How do i use this thing?" Charlie asked, his blue eyes meeting hazel ones. It was a moment of pause before Alec's hand rose in the air and wrapped itself around Charlie's hand, guiding the boy in how to use the sword, much like Jace had done with Clary the night Charlie and Simon were kidnapped.

"Get the feel of the blade." Alec's breath sent tingles down Charlie's spine, the kind that made him feel electrified in a good way. He stared at the blade for a moment, fascination filling his mind as he witnessed how Alec was moving his hand with ease, as though it were a second nature.

The coolness that enveloped the Fray boy when Alec pulled away, however, was something that made Charlie frown deeply. He hadn't known Alec for that many days, he shouldn't be feeling like this it wasn't right. But it felt so nice.

After a few minutes, when Charlie could will himself to stop the movements he was using to practice using the seraph blade, he glanced towards Alec. No words were shared, but a nod from Alec was enough to know that Charlie was good enough with the sword to be able to continue the mission.

~

"Alec and Izzy are securing the perimeter." Jace told the "siblings" as they walked beside him and towards the meeting place they had set up for Magnus Bane.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Clary questioned, her brows slightly furrowed as doubts filled her mind. "Last time we were here, this place was crawling with vampires."

"Relax, all Downworlders hang out here." The blonde boy told her, glancing towards Charlie, half expecting the boy to look pissed off at him. "We just came on vampire night."