14

14JULY 14, 2020JEJU ISLANDmy kind of woman — mac demarco

14
JULY 14, 2020
JEJU ISLAND
my kind of woman — mac demarco

        It was a warm summer night, quiet and tranquil where the stars were out, a cold drink in hand and a small fire going. After a late dinner at Jin's, the pair had been running on a sort of high that made them feel good. Jungkook would occasionally swing their interlaced hands back and forth, walking along the shore and watching the moon reflect in the waves.

On the quieter side of shore was a beach hammock built there some time ago. Jungkook found it one time on a hike and the water was about three feet and the tide wasn't too bad, it was comfortable spot where you could feel the water against your back if you dipped down enough. He led you to it, neither one of you in bathing suits but basic shorts you didn't care to ruin with salt water.

"Tomorrow's my day off," Jungkook said, pulling you into the hammock as you laid in front of him with your legs on his lap. The stars looked bright out and the moon provided more light than you could ever receive in the city. Waves were heard in the distance but the water underneath was calm and warm like it had just been kissed by the moon. You quickly felt at ease here and now Jungkook wanted to talk, "What do you want to do?"

"I don't know, what are you thinking?" You asked him back, feeling his hand begin to caress your leg for the slightest touch of intimacy. He seemed to stop and think for a second, "Let's spend the day somewhere else, just you and I."

"Just you and I?" You asked, watching the way he came to a pause, "Okay, I've been wanting to go to town anyway."

"Babe, I've got a question," you could see the way he avoided your gaze but you let him continue, "What do you think of us?"

A soft laugh left your lips, unsure what he meant but taking it lightly, "Suddenly? I think... I like spending time with you and I haven't felt this easy in a while so I like the thought of us."

Jungkook bit his lip to hide a growing smile as he tried to be serious, he's got something he needs to get off his chest and he can't keep avoiding it. He cleared his throat trying to get himself together again as he said, "I mean... future us, us when the summer's ended and we've gotta go back to the real world."

You seemed to understand exactly what he meant even if you didn't want to. Neither of you were from the island, you both lived hours away from each other and you had real lives to get back to. You would love to stay on the beach, spending your days in the ocean with him but that wasn't reality. Reality was going home, going to school or work and returning to your normal life.

"Have you thought about it?" You asked, flipping the question back to him just to hear what he would say.

"I have," Jungkook confessed, laying in the hammock with the moon reflected in his eyes, "It's a four hour drive but I think I can make it work on the weekends."