06

06MAY 26TH, 2020JEJU ISLANDsong: way to go — empire of the sun

06
MAY 26TH, 2020
JEJU ISLAND
song: way to go — empire of the sun

He stood outside the door to the beach house a little more dressed up than usual. He switched out his usual swimming trunks and muscle tank for a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt with a band logo on it. He wore his shell necklace like the true surfer he was but it was joined by some silver chain necklaces he had laying around his place. He wiped his clammy hands on his jeans before reaching forward for the doorbell.

Before he could ring it, the door opened wide and you stood there with an amused smile, "I was wondering how long you were going to just stand there."

A grin appeared on his face as he took in the sight of you. You wore a short denim skirt and a simple top but he still thought you looked really pretty. You tucked hair behind your ears as you looked inside your purse to make sure you had everything before stepping out. Jungkook bit his bottom lip, "I was trying to raise the dramatics, y'know make sure the anticipation of seeing me was killing you."

"Wow, yeah the anticipation did kill me... it's not like I could see you standing outside for like five minutes," you said joking as you shut the foggy glass door, "This is a glass house, remember?"

Jungkook let out a scoff, "Alright well nice to know you saw me standing out here like an idiot."

You smiled, "It's alright, it was cute." You followed him down the front steps of the house, "So are we walking?"

"Nope," Jungkook said dangling keys and before you could ask him where his car was, a black shiny motorcycle waited. Your eyes widened, "I'm not getting on that."

He chuckled softly as he picked up a white helmet, "You are, I'm a safe driver and the view of the beach is better on the road with a bike."

"Jungkook..." "Trust me?" Jungkook asked as you faced him and he gently put the helmet on your head making sure it was on correctly, "I'll be extra careful, I'm not even drinking tonight."

He moved to straddle his bike as he slipped on his own black helmet and looked back at you, "Well?"

"If I die, Jin is going to kill you," you said as you moved to straddle the bike, hands immediately going to his wait time home on. Jungkook brought a hand back to wrap around your legs and he fixed your position the right way as he turned the engine on, "At least we'll be together after death too."

"Oh my god," you laughed when he pulled you closer behind him by your legs, "Are you always this cheesy?"

"Mm, not usually, you ready?" He patted your leg for reassurance and when you whispered a soft yes, he took off. You clutched his sides harder as you felt your heart drop with adrenaline as the bike took off down the road.