05

05PRESENT DAY SEOUL

05
PRESENT DAY
SEOUL

Apartment 54, building eight, floor number five. You've been here a handful of times, you've even slept over but right now you can't even bring yourself to ring the doorbell. You brought a shaky hand down to your back pocket and took your cellphone out, dialing Jiyoung's number and waiting outside her door.

"Hello?"

"I'm here," you said as you pushed your hair behind your ears. It was quiet on her end and for a second you wondered if she even heard you.

"Shit," Jiyoung whispered, "I'm not home, I completely forgot."

You closed your eyes trying to fight back the urge to question how she possibly forgot as if you didn't talk about this just yesterday. You let out a sigh, "So what now?"

"I'm gonna call Jungkook, he should be there and he'll let you i—" "It's fine. I can come back later," you hurried to say but it was no use. You could hear it in her tone that she already set her mind to it. She's the one who's not home so she's the one at fault and she wants to fix it some way. You heard the call end and for a moment you debated just leaving. You'll just tell her something came up. Alright, that's what you'll do, you'll leave and just act like you didn't need it right now.

Jungkook hesitated at the door for a moment. When Jiyoung called him and said your name he hadn't known what to say. He should've asked why you couldn't wait till she got back off but it was useless. You were standing on the other side and he had no real excuse to tell his girlfriend that he didn't want to see you. He held his breath preparing himself to open the door and before he could think on it any longer, he pulled it open. In his view was nothing.

A gray wall stared back at him and for a second he felt his heart drop. He didn't want to see you... but you were supposed to be right there and you weren't.

He took a step out turning right down the hall then whipped to the left, breath catching in his throat once again. You stood a few feet back like you were leaving but changed your mind. Neither of you said a moment as you stood there taking in the sight of each other. The night at the party had been different, you had been drinking and you were doing everything in your power to avoid looking at him. Right now it was only you two and you couldn't avoid him any longer.

"Jiyoung said I could..." you looked past him at the open door and his gaze shifted to the ground. "Come in."

You walked past him in the narrow entranceway and your shoes had barely come off as you came face to face with a dog. Jungkook looked from you to his dog, "Bam."

He walked over to his dog who took a step toward you in curiosity but before he could get too close, Jungkook motioned for him to go. He left quickly and you just watched after Bam like it meant something. You blinked away whatever you were currently feeling and looked at Jungkook. He bit his lip, "She didn't tell me where she left it, only said to open the door."