Ch 25 | Starting Point

┌────── ∘°❉°∘ ──────┐

(Your P.O.V)

└────── °∘❉∘° ──────┘

L A S T      C H A P T E R

What Y/N saw was not what I just thought. This was probably what popped in my nightmares. A hungry looking fox. . . Mina resembles it. . . what do I do? Her eyes were shining light blue. I tried to run from her, and she was walking like a zombie. Slow but with the hungry looking face, that is eager to devour anyone in-sight.

I heard the knock on the door. Well, I was more surprised to hear that huge bang on the door. "Unnie! W-wait, again??" What, huh? "What do you mean again? Did something like those, happened to her before?" She shut herself for a moment, I guess it's to say that she messed and shared something I wasn't supposed to know? Well, I'm gonna leave that aside. "Y'know what, that's no longer important. Most importantly, what happened to her??"

Chaeng tried to hypnotize her, to calm herself down. She fell asleep and I brougt her to the couch, and covered her half body with a blanket so that she felt comfortable. Me and Chaeng went to the dining room, sat, and got prepared to talk, I guess. "Well, do you know her true nature yet?" She looked into me, but with a hint of fear. I could somehow feel it with her eyes, so I initiated, "No, I really don't. I actually still think she is a vampire, but for some reason..." I paused for a bit and continued, "Something tells me that her breed is something else. Sometimes, I can feel something so soft when I touch her arms or back."

"You weren't actually wrong. She does come from a different breed." I looked at her with confusion and asked how so.

"Mina-unnie comes from a royal bloodline from..." For a moment, she paused, only to spat one of the unexpected things I've heard.

"... A royal from the fox's bloodline."

What... so.. she's a fox..? What..?

"Before you say anything, Mina-unnie doesn't kill anyone at all. In fact, she's been trying her hardest to live into the society's expectations, because each time she sees humans like you, she would feel really hungry and anytime, her monster side would've got out." The last phrase in that phrase really made me stunned to speak. Somehow, I could probably resemble Mina from my nightmares with her body structure and especially the hair... yes, the hair. These are just all my thoughts, I decided to keep a pokerface, so the lack of disgust look will encourage her to share more about Mina.

"She even ran away from her family, just so she couldn't get into the throne. It was a difficult choice for her, but she doesn't want it. She had to live and suffer for a lot of centuries of her life." Hearing this, I feel pity for acting like a selfish or maybe, a foolish myself. I don't know, I wanted to hear more about Mina's background.. it somehow made me intrigued to know more about her. "Continue, I'll listen to what more you have to say about her."