Ch. 7.1 | My Light

┌────── ∘°❉°∘ ──────┐

(Mina's P.O.V)

└────── °∘❉∘° ──────┘

A life of a leaf under the tree falls down upon reaching its limit, like how people pass out after a long period of work. When a leaf falls down, it's the same as experiencing a downhill in your life.

I get it. They're lonely. My life was like that, but it has never been the same for all people. I am built differently, yet I am not proud of it. I want to feel normal, and not crave for what we call the human organs. Some would think I'm a vampire in this description alone.

I always avoid gaining attention. If the attention is on me, it'll take a while to lower their mouths up and I'd be stressed about the everyday gossip. Back then, all people did was talk and farm. I really hate talking in the back, but girls are so good with their mouth that they can spit anything that eventually becomes a crime to them. Any gossip would be considered as real.

I've been a good "child" to them. Helping in the farm, acting like an actual student and becoming a yangban, what else? I did everything to pleasure them, only to betray me after revealing my identity to them. It was the biggest mistake in the past, I eventually let them spread the rumor but thankfully, all of them thought of it as a fable and became a really popular story instead.

I like the reputation, but I don't like the attention. It is definitely exhausting when you are the centre of gossip. I just walked up to our old cafeteria when I heard a few guys talking about the rumored fable, "Hey, do you think a scholar would ever release that type of book? It's lingering like a bee around the entire Joseon, don't ya think?" A familiar man replied to him, "Who cares, there's a bunch of books about really scary stories yet you chose a topic about gumihos as you're only interested in that rumor?"

Another familiar man, whose companion probably touched his shoulder and said, "I agree, any rumor can be a story, even better when you can extend that fable to a seem-like real story. You can literally attract even perverts like you read it." The guy he held at, replied, "Yah, who's a pervert? Watch that mouth of yours in public." The one who patted laughed at him naturally, like how a conversation should have gone. It was intriguing, but I don't wanna lean in there longer. I don't want to risk my identity.

"The emperor is here! Bless the Emperor, everyone!" Everyone lies down upon seeing the Emperor's arrival. Bowing as if they are looking at someone with laser eyes and single glance would've killed them. "Hmm, do you know how to bow?" He looked at me with curiosity, judging by his eyes. "Y-yes.. sorry." He suddenly said, "Follow me. Everyone else, you may do what you like." Everyone immediately stood and bowed at him three times, I've wondered what he wanted from me since it is the first encounter of the Emperor. He doesn't normally go outside unless he has a motive, right?

"Make sure to guard the area. Just leave the two of us, we will need some privacy." They stood straight and he immediately grabbed my hand to get inside the private building. "What do you want to talk to me?" I cut the formalities as he was up to something. He then sat and replied, "I just want a fresh air, I can escape from it that's why I used you as bait. But if you have something to talk about, I'm all in my ears." He seemed kind, but I am not letting my guard down because of a mere human being.